Just standing there

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Just a comment for all the officers out there; thanks for the ammo, but
you *can* do more than just stand inside the bunker next to the door and
toss ammo paks, ya know. C'mon, man, get in the game! You can grab a weapon
and shoot bad guys, you can call in air strikes on your own boys with those
cool looking smoke grenades, you can lead a suicidal charge into heavy
defenses, just like real 2cnd Leutenants! So what if you get the mention for
"most Ammo given", it ain't like there is a cash prize at the end of the
round! Grab a weapon and get turned into giblet gravy a few times; it's fun!

Just my $0.37....(inflation)

FatWalt

---
7months 4weeks 1days and 8:41hours ago I quit smoking the dang thangs, 3,394
coffin nails not smoked,
$466.68 Scotch Whiskey money saved, 1weeks 4days 18:50hours Vulcan riding
time saved!

In my opinion, Cingular Wireless Service is the worst cell phone company in
the world. I have never had to yell so much at "service" reps in my life. In
my opinion, their billing practices and fees are predatory and punitive, and
they do not deal in good faith.
http://www.angelfire.com/ms/walthome/images/bike3.JPG

Nitro

"Capt Walt" <vulcandogNOSPAM@cableone.net> wrote in message news:<10fpadklc6rgd28@corp.supernews.com>...
> Just a comment for all the officers out there; thanks for the ammo, but
> you *can* do more than just stand inside the bunker next to the door and
> toss ammo paks, ya know. C'mon, man, get in the game!

I'm assuming RTCW beach map, axis side.

Most people who are standing by the bunker door are waiting for Engs
to try and blow the door. They wait there so they can blast the engs
before they can plant. The longer it takes for the Engs to plant, the
better chance the axis have of winning the round. Before the walls go,
it is one of the most important areas to guard.

"Nitro" <jtechmart@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Capt Walt" <vulcandogNOSPAM@cableone.net> wrote in message
> > Just a comment for all the officers out there; thanks for the ammo, but
> > you *can* do more than just stand inside the bunker next to the door and
> > toss ammo paks, ya know. C'mon, man, get in the game!
>
> I'm assuming RTCW beach map, axis side.
>
> Most people who are standing by the bunker door are waiting for Engs
> to try and blow the door. They wait there so they can blast the engs
> before they can plant. The longer it takes for the Engs to plant, the
> better chance the axis have of winning the round. Before the walls go,
> it is one of the most important areas to guard.

actually, no...RTCW, Beach, but Allies, *after* the door is blown. We're all
spawning in the forward bunker, and this guy is *always* there. I've never
seen him attacking, never has a weapon in his hand, never moves from his
well protected spot. If the guy just wants to stand there and pass out ammo,
OK, but he's missing out on so much fun. I never knew how fun it could be to
get airborne due to a grenade blast! YeeHaa! Where else can you get blown to
bloody bits, and wind up a pile of Chunky-Style Red Eye Gravy, and be back
in the action in one minute or less? I'm just trying to get my point across;
it doesn't matter what your score is, it doesn't matter if you take top
honors for most Whatever passed out, the main fun is to get in the action
and get bloody....right?

FatWalt

---
8months and 6:50hours ago I quit smoking the dang thangs, 3,407 coffin nails
not smoked,
$468.46 Scotch Whiskey money saved, 1weeks 4days 19:55hours Vulcan riding
time saved!

In my opinion, Cingular Wireless Service is the worst cell phone company in
the world. I have never had to yell so much at "service" reps in my life. In
my opinion, their billing practices and fees are predatory and punitive, and
they do not deal in good faith.
http://www.angelfire.com/ms/walthome/images/bike3.JPG

Nex

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004

On 20 Jul 2004 08:14:49 -0700, jtechmart@yahoo.com (Nitro) wrote:

>"Capt Walt" <vulcandogNOSPAM@cableone.net> wrote in message news:<10fpadklc6rgd28@corp.supernews.com>...
>> Just a comment for all the officers out there; thanks for the ammo, but
>> you *can* do more than just stand inside the bunker next to the door and
>> toss ammo paks, ya know. C'mon, man, get in the game!
>
>I'm assuming RTCW beach map, axis side.

this happens on all maps.. when every time you run out of spawn
there's a massive pile of ammo sitting in the doorway. you know your
field ops is not a team player. sometimes they even block the exits as
they force ammo on you!.. especially bad on maps like radar when you
want split-second timing from GO. i warn them if i own the fireteam.

Nexxx

>Most people who are standing by the bunker door are waiting for Engs
>to try and blow the door. They wait there so they can blast the engs
>before they can plant. The longer it takes for the Engs to plant, the
>better chance the axis have of winning the round. Before the walls go,
>it is one of the most important areas to guard.
>

>>You can grab a weapon
>> and shoot bad guys, you can call in air strikes on your own boys with those
>> cool looking smoke grenades, you can lead a suicidal charge into heavy
>> defenses, just like real 2cnd Leutenants! So what if you get the mention for
>> "most Ammo given", it ain't like there is a cash prize at the end of the
>> round! Grab a weapon and get turned into giblet gravy a few times; it's fun!
>>

>> Just my $0.37....(inflation)
>>
>> FatWalt
>>
>> ---
>> 7months 4weeks 1days and 8:41hours ago I quit smoking the dang thangs, 3,394
>> coffin nails not smoked,
>> $466.68 Scotch Whiskey money saved, 1weeks 4days 18:50hours Vulcan riding
>> time saved!
>>
>> In my opinion, Cingular Wireless Service is the worst cell phone company in
>> the world. I have never had to yell so much at "service" reps in my life. In
>> my opinion, their billing practices and fees are predatory and punitive, and
>> they do not deal in good faith.
>> http://www.angelfire.com/ms/walthome/images/bike3.JPG

Nex

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:21:50 -0500, "Capt Walt"
<vulcandogNOSPAM@cableone.net> wrote:

>"Nitro" <jtechmart@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "Capt Walt" <vulcandogNOSPAM@cableone.net> wrote in message
>> > Just a comment for all the officers out there; thanks for the ammo, but
>> > you *can* do more than just stand inside the bunker next to the door and
>> > toss ammo paks, ya know. C'mon, man, get in the game!
>>
>> I'm assuming RTCW beach map, axis side.
>>
>> Most people who are standing by the bunker door are waiting for Engs
>> to try and blow the door. They wait there so they can blast the engs
>> before they can plant. The longer it takes for the Engs to plant, the
>> better chance the axis have of winning the round. Before the walls go,
>> it is one of the most important areas to guard.
>>

>actually, no...RTCW, Beach, but Allies, *after* the door is blown. We're all
>spawning in the forward bunker, and this guy is *always* there. I've never
>seen him attacking, never has a weapon in his hand, never moves from his
>well protected spot. If the guy just wants to stand there and pass out ammo,
>OK, but he's missing out on so much fun. I never knew how fun it could be to
>get airborne due to a grenade blast! YeeHaa! Where else can you get blown to
>bloody bits, and wind up a pile of Chunky-Style Red Eye Gravy, and be back
>in the action in one minute or less? I'm just trying to get my point across;
>it doesn't matter what your score is, it doesn't matter if you take top
>honors for most Whatever passed out, the main fun is to get in the action
>and get bloody....right?

<german accent>
Affirmative!