Sign in with
Your question

Massive FPS drops, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 13, 2012 2:09:01 PM

HI
a weird problem. i just cleaned my system, removed dust etc etc. i plugged in everything same as it was. After that system turned on fine, nothing unusual. problem is when i play a game, a huge FPS drops occurs like 0 to max fps. i even tried at lowest graphics settings and resolution but still the same problem. i was playing borderlands 2 quite well with stable fps 60 to 80 at normal settings before cleaning. I tried lower everything, turned off every effect but still the same problem. then i tried Dishonored, same problem. FPS are much unstable. i was playing every game at normal settings at playable fps and no FPS drops but after cleaning my system i m facing this problem. i unplugged and replugged graphic card again but no use.
PS: i did nothing wrong while cleaning my system. i have been doing this from quite long time and know little bit about hardware installation.

My specs are

Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 3.10GHz
MotherBoard: DH61WW_
GPU: AMD Radeon HD6790 (old driver version 8.951.0.0, it was working quite well with every game till now)
RAM: Corssair 4GB (single module)
Power Supply: Coolermaster 600 watts

More about : massive fps drops

October 13, 2012 2:24:02 PM

update your driver
m
l
October 13, 2012 2:28:31 PM

Thanks for reply man, i m trying to update to see this problem is solved or not. but its strange that before cleaning, just 2 hours ago, everything was fine with same drivers
m
l
Related resources
October 13, 2012 2:41:43 PM

ahhh! guys!!!! please help, i just updated driver version to 12.8 but still the same problem. at lowest settings and 800x600 resolution, i am getting just 30fps and sometimes fps drops to 0. please help!!!!!!!!!!!! :( 
m
l
October 13, 2012 2:44:46 PM

Sup dude.Did you take static caution while cleaning?Come online in oriign.
m
l
October 13, 2012 2:45:29 PM

lol subhooooooo!!! you found me!!! :) . f.... problem man. hmm, will you eloborate? power was off, no cables were attached. now online in battlelog
m
l
October 13, 2012 2:50:10 PM

Ah internet is a small place.D

Come online in oriign.Lets chat there.By static i mean did you ground yourself properly before touching the pc components?Were you bare foot while doing it?Also how you cleaned it?Compressed air?
m
l
October 13, 2012 2:53:26 PM

Make sure your power connections on your videocard are secure and that your processor is mounted correctly. Also, this is a just a matter of what happened during your "repairs". Make sure your videocard, processor, and RAM pass a long stress test. I'm sure Tom's website can recommend a few. Check temps because certain components down clock themselves if the heat is too high. This would be a good start. Oh yeah, always do your driver updates and do a full format if all of the above doesn't work. Backup data too. :)  Hope this time consuming advice helps. Cheers!
m
l
October 13, 2012 2:56:07 PM

well, i was not bare foot, i cleaned it with blower, nothing else.
m
l
October 13, 2012 2:58:57 PM

soofi said:
well, i was not bare foot, i cleaned it with blower, nothing else.

Blower u mean electric one.Damm man you should know those things create huge amount of static.
m
l
October 13, 2012 3:00:32 PM

computernerdforlife said:
Make sure your power connections on your videocard are secure and that your processor is mounted correctly. Also, this is a just a matter of what happened during your "repairs". Make sure your videocard, processor, and RAM pass a long stress test. I'm sure Tom's website can recommend a few. Check temps because certain components down clock themselves if the heat is too high. This would be a good start. Oh yeah, always do your driver updates and do a full format if all of the above doesn't work. Backup data too. :)  Hope this time consuming advice helps. Cheers!

well, i checked 2 times all the cables, they are connected properly. can you suggest stress test software? GPU temps are normal: 40 at idle and 70 at max. is this problem of graphic card or processor or ram or what?
m
l
October 13, 2012 3:02:24 PM

First check all your voltage.Using Aida.It has a stress test software built in.Take a screenshot of voltage while stress testing.
m
l
October 13, 2012 3:02:29 PM

cooldudesubho said:
Blower u mean electric one.Damm man you should know those things create huge amount of static.

yes, sorry i didnt know, i always do with it, never faced problem before.
m
l
October 13, 2012 3:04:16 PM

soofi said:
yes, sorry i didnt know, i always do with it, never faced problem before.

Well did you take your cpu ou while cleaning?And if it is static damage then there is nothing you can do to fix it.Run aida stress test to see if ur system is stable or not.
m
l
October 13, 2012 3:06:23 PM

i didnt touch cpu neither i took it out. just cleaned its fan above it
m
l
October 13, 2012 4:12:18 PM

can you go to control panel and change your power option to high performance?
m
l
October 13, 2012 5:03:31 PM

mykebrian said:
can you go to control panel and change your power option to high performance?

yes i have done that
m
l
!