Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade Time... Gaming PC / Programmer / Animation

December 4, 2012 3:25:01 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: Christmas -> May (Somewhere in there, if its smarter to buy now due to holiday prices I will or if newer technology is coming out to wait for)

Budget Range: 1500 - 2000 After Rebates; After Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Programming, Gaming, Animation (Maya), Photoshop

Are you buying a monitor: No, unless a nice 24" is available reasonably cheap to make for a third monitor.

Parts to Upgrade: None: Starting fresh, new computer. Reusing my old rig for girlfriend

Do you need to buy OS: No (Can get for 15 dollars through school)
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com or any trust worthy web site with good prices

Parts Preferences: Best performance is all that matters

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe, if you think it matters

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200 (x2)

Additional Comments:
Software: Maya, Adobe Package, Word Processing (MS office), Eclipse, Microsoft Visual Studio
Would love it if my computer didn't cook my room to 90 degrees... the cooler the better :) 

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Splurging for a graduating present to myself (Computer Science :) ) Looking to do some contract work, game design, web design, application design, etc...

Currently have no preference or items selected, looking for a complete build from scratch.

Thanks.
!