Is my graphics card dying?

Darkangel903

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Alright so in September I got a new motherboard Z75 Pro 3 and I have a problem turns out it was the ram so I got some G.Skall 8gb of ram.

Any who

When I start my computer almost every single time I start from a cold start it get s black screen looks like it wants to show the screen but just can't get there. It makes all the regular noises. The funny thing is when it gets to windows I can hear it do the windows sound everything is working just a black screen with no mouse or anything. Let me show you what it looks like...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/imageoaw.jpg/

This is what it looks like when I start the computer. But this is the thing, if I turn on and off the computer like 5 times or so than the screen will appear and everything will work just fine. By the way it isnt the ram I have done mem test and everything was fine.........
Also another thing at random times when playing games my computer will freeze to or as some say lock up...

Specs

CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 28 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM
Here is the link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314

Motherboard
ASRock Z75 Pro3 (CPUSocket) 32 °C

Graphics
VG2230wm (1680x1050@59Hz)
1023MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (nVidia) 45 °C

The graphic card runs hot just sitting there 45 sometimes 50c just sitting there doing nothing but surfing the web. It use to be about 30...

The graphics card is about a year old, Everything else is only a few months old beside the hard drive which is a few years old. This is a upgraded PC.

Please only answer if you might know the answer.....

mace200200

Honorable
I would try a different monitor first, in my experience monitors will sometimes just die for no reason at all. And testing a different monitor is on of the easiest things to do. Make sure you try a different cable as well, and one that will go into a different port on your GPU if you can (if your using DVI, try and HDMI etc..).

TRENDING THREADS