Nvidia 306.23 Drivers Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyloriusmaximus

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
i recently updated my nvidia drivers and at first i thought i was having problem with hardware but im assuming it is a problem with the drivers. when i goto overclock my gtx 570 to even half of what i used to the drivers crash after 20minutes. should i just downgrade to the last drivers

Solution
Uninstall everything Nvidia from the Windows Add/Remove Programs list. Install the new/latest drivers and check the box for "Clean Install". Only install those components you need, at a minimum the display driver and the PhysX software.

faizi1997

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011

Skyrim was the one that gave me 20+ BF3 did 4+.

faizi1997

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011

hmm quite possible.

tyloriusmaximus

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

i already tried updating them they are even worse... how do i clean install

Just FYI, 306.23 was known to reduce maximum stable overclocking compared to older versions a little (I've seen numerous examples of it and dealt with several threads on the subject). IDK how well the current Nvidia driver version impacted it for sure, but from what I've read, it improved the issue.

tyloriusmaximus

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

even with the new drivers its still awfully bad maby even worse and it still is not getting better... do u know how to get my gfx card usage uptop 99% it sticks arround 10% when playing minecraft

from my past experience not all game will have 100% utilization on the gpu. some old games which are very easy on the gpu will see this behavior. i never play minecraft but does the game hit the gpu hard with it graphic?

a friend if mine gtx560 ti did overheat from playing the the game lol. normally he just leaves the fan with auto because he is not the type that play games with heavy graphic (i can say he play mmorpg 99% percent of the if the time lol). now he has to enable his msi custom fan profile when he plays the game

Then I assume Minecraft is not very taxing on your GPU. I get the same thing with Unreal Tournament 3. It's defnitely not a concern, particularly if everything's working well with high framerates. It's actually a good thing since your GPU runs cooler and quieter when it's not being taxed at 99% usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS