Closed Solved

Nvidia 306.23 Drivers Problem

i recently updated my nvidia drivers and at first i thought i was having problem with hardware but im assuming it is a problem with the drivers. when i goto overclock my gtx 570 to even half of what i used to the drivers crash after 20minutes. should i just downgrade to the last drivers
20 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about nvidia drivers problem
  1. you can try the clean driver install option. if your game still crash then try revert back to the one you used before
  2. Actually upgrade to the latest 306.97 drivers and do a Clean Install as suggested by renz.
    http://www.geforce.com/#/
  3. Thats strange i have them for my GT220 and it gave a massive FPS boost.
  4. The 306.97 drivers, with a clean install, are excellent for me with a FPS boost in Rage and Skyrim, and they fixed a rare problem with idle clock speeds (sitting at 405 mhz when idle).
  5. 17seconds said:
    The 306.97 drivers, with a clean install, are excellent for me with a FPS boost in Rage and Skyrim, and they fixed a rare problem with idle clock speeds (sitting at 405 mhz when idle).

    Skyrim was the one that gave me 20+ BF3 did 4+.
  6. faizi1997 said:
    Skyrim was the one that gave me 20+ BF3 did 4+.

    I wonder if some of your Nvidia Control Panel settings changed between driver updates? Maybe TrSSAA was reset or something. If not, that's a nice boost.
  7. 17seconds said:
    I wonder if some of your Nvidia Control Panel settings changed between driver updates? Maybe TrSSAA was reset or something. If not, that's a nice boost.

    hmm quite possible.
  8. 17seconds said:
    Actually upgrade to the latest 306.97 drivers and do a Clean Install as suggested by renz.
    http://www.geforce.com/#/



    i already tried updating them they are even worse... how do i clean install
  9. Best answer
    Uninstall everything Nvidia from the Windows Add/Remove Programs list. Install the new/latest drivers and check the box for "Clean Install". Only install those components you need, at a minimum the display driver and the PhysX software.
  10. Best answer selected by tyloriusmaximus.
  11. Just FYI, 306.23 was known to reduce maximum stable overclocking compared to older versions a little (I've seen numerous examples of it and dealt with several threads on the subject). IDK how well the current Nvidia driver version impacted it for sure, but from what I've read, it improved the issue.
  12. blazorthon said:
    Just FYI, 306.23 was known to reduce maximum stable overclocking compared to older versions a little (I've seen numerous examples of it and dealt with several threads on the subject). IDK how well the current Nvidia driver version impacted it for sure, but from what I've read, it improved the issue.



    even with the new drivers its still awfully bad maby even worse and it still is not getting better... do u know how to get my gfx card usage uptop 99% it sticks arround 10% when playing minecraft
  13. from my past experience not all game will have 100% utilization on the gpu. some old games which are very easy on the gpu will see this behavior. i never play minecraft but does the game hit the gpu hard with it graphic?

    a friend if mine gtx560 ti did overheat from playing the the game lol. normally he just leaves the fan with auto because he is not the type that play games with heavy graphic (i can say he play mmorpg 99% percent of the if the time lol). now he has to enable his msi custom fan profile when he plays the game
  14. well no but is there a way to get it to 99% even though it is not to intense of a game
  15. Turn off VSync.
  16. ^+1

    did the same before with dead space 2. with v-sync off i can get high gpu usage. enabled v-sync (via control panel) the game capped at 60fps with lower gpu usage and temps
  17. vsync is off
  18. Then I assume Minecraft is not very taxing on your GPU. I get the same thing with Unreal Tournament 3. It's defnitely not a concern, particularly if everything's working well with high framerates. It's actually a good thing since your GPU runs cooler and quieter when it's not being taxed at 99% usage.
  19. but this alwso happens on a stratagy game (company of heros) and it only goes to 40% usage and stays at 30 - 40 fps
  20. What's your CPU?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Drivers Nvidia Graphics