Last response: in Systems
December 4, 2012 9:41:57 AM

Graphics card: radeon 7850 HD OC edition
Mobo:ASUS P8h77-v le
Power supply: 600w corsair power supply
RAM: 8GB corsair vengance
hard drive: 500GB
CPU: intel i5 3450

Hi, I have had my new build for around 2 months and from the offset I have been experiencing crashing. The crashing occurs whilst gaming and can happen after random amounts of time. The screen sometimes has striped lines on it(varying in colours), and replays the sound that I last heard in the game

For example - I could play black ops 2 for 1 hour, crashes, then I can play it for another 4 hours which makes me think its not temperature.

Things I have done to try and fix it:

Installed all latest drivers
Reinstall Operating system
MemTest overnight
Monitored temperature
Sent my graphcis card back to the manufacturer and got a new one
Also put my computer into a computer shop and they found no problems with it
Scanned the hard drive

I am so annoyed that I can't find out what the problem is, and any help would be much appreciated

More about : running ideas fix

December 4, 2012 9:54:47 AM

I had a similar problem and by doing a driver sweep, I was able to rid myself of these crashes. For me, they happened whenever the GPU was using DirectX, or while using Adobe Flash. I followed the steps using this: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.h...

The original makers of this don't support it anymore, as the company has a different driver sweeper, but it's not 100% free. This worked perfectly, and if you need help with this, please ask.

By the way, the reson I figured this out was because I BlueScreened, and opened the file to figure out that he driver had caused, and was causing my freezing, system hangs, and BlueScreens.
!