Driver error causing BSOD/is it possible that my CPU is damaged

nitroexplosion

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
1)My pc is getting BSOD error messages about Driver errors and system exception errors and i dont know whats causing them, so far i used driver fusion and removed them all from my Graphics cards to my mouse and keyboard drivers, network, and sound drivers including all my AMD drivers and its still giveing me the same BSOD driver error, so i wonder if my CPU has a driver and can this be causing me problems and how do i remove my cpu drivers its not listed on driver fusion. 2)Is it possible that my CPU is damage but can still POST and process information like OC damage, I herd that if a CPU is damage that it wont POST or boot, that the only thing happens is the fans would come on, So if it Boots then my CPU is fine right!!!

Specs:
CPU: AMD FX-6300 OC 4.5Ghz @ 1.47v
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6850 x2 CFX
MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme4
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8 GB 4x 2GB
HDD: WD 320GB blue label x2 Raid 0/640GB Total
CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Idle 22C/MAX 52c
PSU: Raidmax RX-850AE 850 Watts
Mouse: Logitech G500
Keyboard: Logitech G110

Solution
There's no such thing as CPU drivers. Your problem is RAM most likely. Take all but 1 stick out and see if the problem persists. Also, faulty CPU wouldn't even boot if that was the case.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
There's no such thing as CPU drivers. Your problem is RAM most likely. Take all but 1 stick out and see if the problem persists. Also, faulty CPU wouldn't even boot if that was the case.

Solution

nitroexplosion

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
i ran memtest but the windows version and it came back ok, safe mode boots but not really needed, i can get into windows but after 5 to 10 min it will crash with the BSOD telling me something of an driver error, but the weired thing is i removed them all but my network card and sound drivers, i dont think those are the problems tho, and now everytime i restart my pc from win it doesnt boot till i hit the reset button then i get to POST and boot into win 7, some people said it mat be my PSU causing these problems but for me it seems to run fine.

nitroexplosion

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Im also about to reinstall windows just doing a quick backup of 3 programs Flight Sim X, SC2, and LOL once thats done im reinstalling and hopefully my problems will go away if not into the basement it goes till i do some hardware changes!!!!

nitroexplosion

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

I did remove all my ram sticks but 1 and i also removed one of my 6850 and swapped my hdd with another that has win 7, but same results after about 10 to 20 min i get the BSOD but not the driver error, i cant read the BSOD message cuz my PC cuts off, but my fans stay on and the lights stay on aswell and doesnt turn back on till i hold the power button for it to cut off.

nitroexplosion

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I did drop my OC i tried running it @4.8GHz but was unstable, Actually this is where my problems started, right now its stable @4.5GHz, but i got a new problem, my pc wont even boot after i backed it up, the DR Debug LED says error code 34, checked the manual and it checks out to Memory initialization error failed to POST, dont even know what to do know, i had to resort to posting this on my secondary pc in the living room, My gaming Rig is know a Paperweight :pfff: Im taking it apart right now to see if i can check for any damage around the CPU socket and Motherboard, im suspecting something around both componets :bounce: :bounce:

Well once you get it up and running i would lower the OC even more, to make sure that isn't causing the BSOD. Maybe lower it to stock just so you can rule it out.

nitroexplosion

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

You were right, My damn ram was causing my problems, but i left 2 on which was the originals, the other two that i added about a week ago started going haywire for some reason, thank you soda88, but MEM test on windows told me my ram was OK, weierd i guess windows was wrong!!

nitroexplosion

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
LOL so how do i close this thread or make it a solved thread, well almost solved im still getting a BSOD but i think it might be my PSU which ill replace real soon, so for now im running my CPU @ 4.0GHz till then thanks Guys for all the help!!!