Battlefield 2 ATI Bug

Hi there,

a found a strange bug according to antialiasing (AA) with my
ATI Radeon card.

When I enable AA in the Windows system settings AND in the
BF2 game, it does't work (no AA). More then that - after finishing
a match, the game crashes to the desktop.

But when I disable AA in the system settings and enable it
in the game, everything works fine.

System specs: Windows XP/SP2, Athlon XP2400, Radeon 9800pro/128MB,
driver: Catalyst 6.14.10.6542 (the newest)
Game resolution: 800x600/32, 4xAA.

Best regards, Martin
3 answers Last reply
More about battlefield

    Martin Steen <A0.opengl.10.msteen@spamgourmet.com> Spoke about

    > Hi there,
    >
    > a found a strange bug according to antialiasing (AA) with my
    > ATI Radeon card.
    >
    > When I enable AA in the Windows system settings AND in the
    > BF2 game, it does't work (no AA). More then that - after finishing
    > a match, the game crashes to the desktop.
    >
    > But when I disable AA in the system settings and enable it
    > in the game, everything works fine.
    >
    > System specs: Windows XP/SP2, Athlon XP2400, Radeon 9800pro/128MB,
    > driver: Catalyst 6.14.10.6542 (the newest)
    > Game resolution: 800x600/32, 4xAA.
    >
    > Best regards, Martin

    I have an ATI card too, [X800XL PCI-e/256MB], and am not experancing the
    problem you described. I have AA set in the Catalyst control panel & in-
    game with no ill effects and AA is present in the game.
    The difference may be in the GPU chip used on the cards.

    MrToad
    aka [AGB]Weisses Fleisch

    "Martin Steen" <A0.opengl.10.msteen@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > But when I disable AA in the system settings and enable it
    > in the game, everything works fine.
    >
    > System specs: Windows XP/SP2, Athlon XP2400, Radeon 9800pro/128MB,
    > driver: Catalyst 6.14.10.6542 (the newest)
    > Game resolution: 800x600/32, 4xAA.
    >
    > Best regards, Martin

    I've got the X800XT-PE, Using the 5.6 drivers and I see that. Though I've
    seen that for several years. In FarCry and in HL2. I also saw it whether I
    was running Win2K or now XP. Not sure why, but it's probably a more times
    than not if I have AA turned on in both locations, they seem to cancel each
    other out.

    HTH

    Dale "Mad_Murdock" White

    MrToad wrote:
    > Martin Steen <A0.opengl.10.msteen@spamgourmet.com> Spoke about
    >

    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>a found a strange bug according to antialiasing (AA) with my
    >>ATI Radeon card.
    >>
    >>When I enable AA in the Windows system settings AND in the
    >>BF2 game, it does't work (no AA). More then that - after finishing
    >>a match, the game crashes to the desktop.
    >>
    >>But when I disable AA in the system settings and enable it
    >>in the game, everything works fine.
    >>
    >>System specs: Windows XP/SP2, Athlon XP2400, Radeon 9800pro/128MB,
    >>driver: Catalyst 6.14.10.6542 (the newest)
    >>Game resolution: 800x600/32, 4xAA.
    >>
    >>Best regards, Martin
    >>

    > I have an ATI card too, [X800XL PCI-e/256MB], and am not experancing the
    > problem you described. I have AA set in the Catalyst control panel & in-
    > game with no ill effects and AA is present in the game.
    > The difference may be in the GPU chip used on the cards.
    >
    > MrToad
    > aka [AGB]Weisses Fleisch

    Same with me X850XL PCI-E/256MB - no problems with AA in Battlefield 2

    --
    Byron Hinson
    My Photography

Battlefield Games Bug ATI Video Games