Battlefield 2 ATI Bug

Last response: in Video Games
June 26, 2005 9:14:26 PM

Hi there,

a found a strange bug according to antialiasing (AA) with my
ATI Radeon card.

When I enable AA in the Windows system settings AND in the
BF2 game, it does't work (no AA). More then that - after finishing
a match, the game crashes to the desktop.

But when I disable AA in the system settings and enable it
in the game, everything works fine.

System specs: Windows XP/SP2, Athlon XP2400, Radeon 9800pro/128MB,
driver: Catalyst 6.14.10.6542 (the newest)
Game resolution: 800x600/32, 4xAA.

Best regards, Martin

More about : battlefield ati bug

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 12:10:31 AM

Martin Steen <A0.opengl.10.msteen@spamgourmet.com> Spoke about
news:D 9mgp9$ee0$01$1@news.t-online.com:

> Hi there,
>
> a found a strange bug according to antialiasing (AA) with my
> ATI Radeon card.
>
> When I enable AA in the Windows system settings AND in the
> BF2 game, it does't work (no AA). More then that - after finishing
> a match, the game crashes to the desktop.
>
> But when I disable AA in the system settings and enable it
> in the game, everything works fine.
>
> System specs: Windows XP/SP2, Athlon XP2400, Radeon 9800pro/128MB,
> driver: Catalyst 6.14.10.6542 (the newest)
> Game resolution: 800x600/32, 4xAA.
>
> Best regards, Martin

I have an ATI card too, [X800XL PCI-e/256MB], and am not experancing the
problem you described. I have AA set in the Catalyst control panel & in-
game with no ill effects and AA is present in the game.
The difference may be in the GPU chip used on the cards.

MrToad
aka [AGB]Weisses Fleisch
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 12:38:39 AM

"Martin Steen" <A0.opengl.10.msteen@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
news:D 9mgp9$ee0$01$1@news.t-online.com...
> Hi there,
>
> But when I disable AA in the system settings and enable it
> in the game, everything works fine.
>
> System specs: Windows XP/SP2, Athlon XP2400, Radeon 9800pro/128MB,
> driver: Catalyst 6.14.10.6542 (the newest)
> Game resolution: 800x600/32, 4xAA.
>
> Best regards, Martin

I've got the X800XT-PE, Using the 5.6 drivers and I see that. Though I've
seen that for several years. In FarCry and in HL2. I also saw it whether I
was running Win2K or now XP. Not sure why, but it's probably a more times
than not if I have AA turned on in both locations, they seem to cancel each
other out.

HTH

Dale "Mad_Murdock" White
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:19:54 AM

MrToad wrote:
> Martin Steen <A0.opengl.10.msteen@spamgourmet.com> Spoke about
> news:D 9mgp9$ee0$01$1@news.t-online.com:
>

>>Hi there,
>>
>>a found a strange bug according to antialiasing (AA) with my
>>ATI Radeon card.
>>
>>When I enable AA in the Windows system settings AND in the
>>BF2 game, it does't work (no AA). More then that - after finishing
>>a match, the game crashes to the desktop.
>>
>>But when I disable AA in the system settings and enable it
>>in the game, everything works fine.
>>
>>System specs: Windows XP/SP2, Athlon XP2400, Radeon 9800pro/128MB,
>>driver: Catalyst 6.14.10.6542 (the newest)
>>Game resolution: 800x600/32, 4xAA.
>>
>>Best regards, Martin
>>

> I have an ATI card too, [X800XL PCI-e/256MB], and am not experancing the
> problem you described. I have AA set in the Catalyst control panel & in-
> game with no ill effects and AA is present in the game.
> The difference may be in the GPU chip used on the cards.
>
> MrToad
> aka [AGB]Weisses Fleisch

Same with me X850XL PCI-E/256MB - no problems with AA in Battlefield 2

--
Byron Hinson
My Photography