Make my first gaming pc [HELP]

Hi, folks!

I have decided to make a gaming pc. I would like to have it around 500-700$ budget. And i hope that it could run BF2, Crysis2 and other games on above the medium settings. Is it posible? What could i change to make it better? And are they going to work together?

CPU: Intel Core i3-2120
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770
RAM: PNY Optima 4GB
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500W (is that plenty?)
Case: Antec Three Hundred
Burner: Sony DVD
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Adapter: Molex

PLease help me
6 answers Last reply
More about make gaming help
  1. On that budget you should be able to swing a 7850. That will get you high-ish settings. You won't need more than 500w but do not get a cooler master psu. They are low quality. Only use brands like antec, xfx, sea sonic, corsair
  2. tiny voices said:
    On that budget you should be able to swing a 7850. That will get you high-ish settings. You won't need more than 500w but do not get a cooler master psu. They are low quality. Only use brands like antec, xfx, sea sonic, corsair

Ok thanks.
    And will it all go together?
  3. Get a i3-3220. Same price, better architecture. Might want to switch to an H77 mobo for future upgrades, sata6 and usb3.0, but your's fine at this price point.
    RAM: Honestly, at this price, get 2x4GB, 8GB total, you'll spend only $10 more. Make sure it's 1600MHz and 1.5V. Corsair's cheaper for now. Get Vengeance if you plan on Overclocking your RAM.
    Adapter: Molex. Why??? why do you need an adapter???

Oh, and with that config, you'll play Crysis 2 at 1080 on ultra settings, even with the Dx11 and Hi-res pack (I did, with an i3-3220 and HD7770)
  4. Forgot about the PSU. I have almost the same config and a 430W is enough (got a Corsair CX430). At this wattage, better price/quality goes with Corsair CX series and Antec EA series. If you're not sure for wattage, use a calculator like http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp . DO NOT buy a CoolerMaster PSU
  5. Darkmonk said:
    Forgot about the PSU. I have almost the same config and a 430W is enough (got a Corsair CX430). At this wattage, better price/quality goes with Corsair CX series and Antec EA series. If you're not sure for wattage, use a calculator like http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp . DO NOT buy a CoolerMaster PSU

Thanks for the information.
    Now i know 100% that i dont need CoolerMaster and know that i need 8gb RAM
  6. Well, most people need only 4GB. It'll be enough. But for the price difference, most people buy 8GB because they don't want to buy more RAM in 1-2 years ;-)
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems