Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help with my custom build! $1000 budget.

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 4, 2012 2:48:24 PM

Hey guys I'm building a custom PC and I want to keep it somewhere around a thousand. This is my first build, but I know how to build it, im just not too familiar with quality as far as the parts go. I want something I can play games like Far Cry 3, BF3, Crysis, etc. on at a good frame rate, but not on max settings. Also I'm a really big multi tasker and like to run programs like After Effects, Photoshop, and Cinema 4D while doing other things on one screen. So I want a graphics card where I'm able to run things on two screens and have no problems at all. Basically I want a computer that's fast but around my price range. I have a list of parts I've been going over. Tell me what you think of them and give me some ideas on what I need to change or if you have a build you want me to look at around my price range!

Here they are:

Rosewill BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, come with Five Fans, window side panel, top HDD dock
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

MSI Z77A-G41 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SAPPHIRE 100352-2L Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel 1366/1155/775 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Total: $958
December 4, 2012 3:16:42 PM

Switch out the 660 TI for HD 7950.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Same price, way better performance


BF3

http://www.techspot.com/review/603-best-graphics-cards/...

Crysis 2, look a the second chart. The first is at 720p

http://www.techspot.com/review/603-best-graphics-cards/...

Skyrim

http://www.techspot.com/review/603-best-graphics-cards/...

Far Cry 3

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/far_cry_3_graphics...


Only one Radeon hd 7950 performs weird is FC3, but that problem is going to be fixed with catalyst update, even then it is equivalent to 660ti. As for the rest, HD 7950=GTX 670 and 680 on skyrim.

I believe there is a patch to turn your HD 7950 into boost edition. But, you can also OC it and adjust your voltage to whatever you want. Also, HD 7950 overclocks really well.

EDIT: That HD 7950 is a boost edition so you don't have to worry about changing anything.
m
0
l
December 4, 2012 3:36:34 PM

Okay! Thanks for the answer, and will do!!
m
0
l
Related resources
December 4, 2012 4:06:41 PM

PCRUSEN said:
Hey guys I'm building a custom PC and I want to keep it somewhere around a thousand. This is my first build, but I know how to build it, im just not too familiar with quality as far as the parts go. I want something I can play games like Far Cry 3, BF3, Crysis, etc. on at a good frame rate, but not on max settings. Also I'm a really big multi tasker and like to run programs like After Effects, Photoshop, and Cinema 4D while doing other things on one screen. So I want a graphics card where I'm able to run things on two screens and have no problems at all. Basically I want a computer that's fast but around my price range. I have a list of parts I've been going over. Tell me what you think of them and give me some ideas on what I need to change or if you have a build you want me to look at around my price range!

Here's they are:

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

MSI Z77A-G41 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SAPPHIRE 100352-2L Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel 1366/1155/775 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Total: $918


That all looks good to me, I can't really find any faults with this build.
m
0
l
December 4, 2012 4:15:59 PM

g-unit1111 said:
That all looks good to me, I can't really find any faults with this build.

Thanks! I think this is what I'm going to go with! :) 
m
0
l
December 4, 2012 4:18:46 PM

PCRUSEN said:
Thanks! I think this is what I'm going to go with! :) 


I might suggest paying a bit more for the case and going with something with the Corsair 400R or Antec 1100, but that's about it.
m
0
l
December 4, 2012 6:29:35 PM

g-unit1111 said:
I might suggest paying a bit more for the case and going with something with the Corsair 400R or Antec 1100, but that's about it.


I really like the Antec 1100 and it still fits my budget!
m
0
l
!