Help with a new build

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: before Christmas

Budget Range: $600

System Usage from Most to Least Important: surfing the internet, watching movies, some gaming (nothing too demanding)

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: ALL

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ANY

Parts Preferences: Good Brands

Overclocking: NO

SLI or Crossfire: NO

Your Monitor Resolution: currently @ 1680x1050 and will be upgrading to 1920x1080 after

Additional Comments: small compact case, fast and quiet system

My friend is building me a system for $600 before tax. Parts are non-swappable. All parts are brand new. Can i get a better deal else where?

i5 3570k
ASUS P8H77-i
G.Skill 2x4GB DDR3 1600
Intel 330 Series 180GB SSD
Bitfenix Prodigy mini ITX case Black
XFX ProSeries 550w
ASUS HD7770 DirectCU
4 answers Last reply
More about help build
  1. yea the 7770 wont cut it even for basic gaming, firstly build it yourself, secondly try to see if you can fit a 7850/7870 in there. If you dont do much demanding stuff downgrade to an i3-2120 so you can afford the 7870
  2. If you are not overclocking, then there is no need for a i5-3570K.

I played on my GTX460 for a long time until last Friday, and it played every game I threw at it at high settings or better.

My 460 was about the same as the 7770.

What games are you playing?
  3. @angaddev i think 7770 is sufficient for my need, i play games that are 5 years or older. Unless i can get something better for the same money.

@deemo13 i understand 3570k is not needed if i'm not overclocking but like i said, i cant change the parts list. My friend is selling it as a package. Can you come up with another build with the same price just to compare?
  4. Well, the overclocking ability of the processor is being restricted due to the motherboard, making this not ideal. But since you are not overclocking, its not a huge deal.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems