Solved

New build question?

Ok im doing a new build and so far i have the cpu, cpu cooler , video card, ram and psu installed .. i did a test boot and everything seems fine , it reads the memory , the processor, but i have a question about the video card, should the video card post on the boot up test ( the video card is a xfx r7870).. i tried to plug the hdmi into the video card and got nothing, i plug it into the onboard hdmi card and the boot up screen shows... Do i have to install the drivers for the video card to work and post on the boot up... i dont have any speakers hooked up nor did i hook up anything with the speakers.. so i dont hear a beep at all...

Coolermaster Storm Trooper
I7 3770k
P8Z77-V Deluxe
Xfx R7870 graphic card
1300W Rosewill Psu
32Gb Gskill Ares

These are the only things installed as of right now... im also adding a samsung 830 256gb ssd and an intel 330 240GB ssd
should i just continue on with the build or stop and do some checks.. with the graphic card, it needs 2 6 pin connectors, now on my my rosewill psu it comes with to pcie cords now on each of they they have the regular pcie and one for sli (ready), do i plug the sli ready that is connected to the one pcie into the video card? or do i plug in both of the regular pcie connectors? just double checking.. i plugged in both pcie connectors...

Thanks for your help
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build question
  1. oh yeah im using an hdmi cable.. should i use a dvi to hdmi and im doing it on a sanyo 38 inch hd lcd tv...
  2. Hey I figured it out...Soooominor.. my Card wasnt plugged in all the way!! Womp womp! Wooomp! at first i took it out and made sure it wasnt the slot... and it starte in the other slot then i took it out and put it in the first one again and it worked!... now its time for the ssd, and hdd, and the WIRES!!!! AWWWWW
  3. Best answer
    Glad you figured it out! Have fun with your new rig!
  4. Best answer selected by ronald1981d.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Graphics Cards Boot New Build Systems