Dean

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Just starting to look at doing my own custom scripting and binds...

Any ideas for some good ones??

Any suggestions on how best to do it??

Many thanks

Dean wrote:
> Just starting to look at doing my own custom scripting and binds...
> Any ideas for some good ones??

Anything that's useful and not already available on rtcwfiles.com or any
other download site ;) Of course it's fun and instructive to do your own
scripts, although there's probably something available for every need.

> Any suggestions on how best to do it??

I found http://planetwolfenstein.com/4newbies/ rather helpful, also
scripting has been discussed here before so google'ing for specific
information might help. Another suggestion, if you mostly play on
public's, is to make your scripts as un-annoying for other players as
possible, i.e. reduce public messages as much as possible. If you do a
class/weapon script for example, don't announce class changes to the public.

"Dean" <yatesdean@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Just starting to look at doing my own custom scripting and binds...
>
>Any ideas for some good ones??
>
>Any suggestions on how best to do it??

I just have mine in one big file, but some prefer to have a separate
file for controls, chat, class-change etc. That's just up to you.

The only binds I regularly use are a change FOV script (90 degrees for
long-range, 120 degrees for the rest of the time - this is a MAJOR
plus) and the essential chat commands (hello, goodbye, I'm a [class],
thanks, sorry, no problem, need a medic, need ammo). The rest of the
voice chats I do through the menus (but I know the shortcuts for the
common ones).

There are scripts out there for just about anything though - one key
grenades, class change etc. but I find I get by just fine with the
number keys for selecting weapons and using the limbo menu.

The best searches for finding binds contain "autoexec.cfg" with a
variety of "rtcw", "wolfenstein", "et", "etmain", "enemy territory"
etc.

Tim
--
Google is not the only search engine.

"Dean" <yatesdean@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just starting to look at doing my own custom scripting and binds...
>
> Any ideas for some good ones??
>
> Any suggestions on how best to do it??
>
> Many thanks

I've noticed some players have a script for evading in a one on one battle.
I would like to do that too. Even though it's predictable, their script
also enables sprint, which makes them very hard targets. Does anyone have a
script that can get me started on something like that?