Sign in with
Your question

GTX 670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 14, 2012 3:25:20 AM

I just now filled out the Newegg refund ticket for My XFX 7950 :fou:  . the fact that I went and Tested old drivers and new drivers and sweeped drivers and switched PCI spots with the card and still have weird screen tearing and black lines crossing is enough for me. I checked everything known to man and nothing worked. I then thought hey why not try every single Nvidia card I have and after sweeping my drivers and making all the uninstalls I needed to do, I then went through hell of having to put in and remove and driver install a number of Nvidia cards all the way back to the GTX 9800 and guess what nothing not one issue no tears no random black lines. :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  Ok now that my rant is over is it worth spending $79 more for a GTX 670 over a 66-ti? this is the one I can afford http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... and this is pushing my budget to the max. I had such high hopes for AMD.

More about : gtx 670

a c 259 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
October 14, 2012 3:37:38 AM

The GTX 670 should do about 30% better on pixel rate than the 660ti, at least on paper. That means you'll be able to do higher anti-aliasing all else being equal.
http://www.hwcompare.com/13138/geforce-gtx-660-ti-vs-ge...

Evga makes some of the best cards, no worry there.
m
l
a c 185 U Graphics card
October 14, 2012 3:47:37 AM

Lol!That's impossible i hear the AMD fans now ahahha your going to catch hell for this lmao!
m
l
Related resources
a c 259 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
October 14, 2012 3:56:05 AM

He apparently had a defective card. It can happen with Nvidia too. We're mostly grownups here.
m
l
October 14, 2012 4:11:29 AM

I think it is a driver issue not the card. Games run fine and smooth the lines flicker only happen during web surfing.
m
l
a c 185 U Graphics card
October 14, 2012 4:15:37 AM

clutchc said:
He apparently had a defective card. It can happen with Nvidia too. We're mostly grownups here.
I know it's just this forum is very fiiled with mostly red team fans hopefully they don't pick on him to badly
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 14, 2012 5:54:47 AM

Man, technology must always be perfect 100% of the time for people to be happy. Blame AMD, thats always going to do something.
m
l
October 14, 2012 3:33:50 PM

If AMD could get there drivers down I wouldn't be returning this video card on Monday. AMD burned me twice. First I bought into Bulldozer as I do Web Design and Bulldozer was far worse then my I7 980. So I then buy a 7950 and nothing but issues. It plays games just fine but I get black lines now and then just surfing the web. I read like 30 forums and there are dozens of people having this issue with the 7950.
m
l
a c 595 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
October 14, 2012 4:16:09 PM

If you can afford the GTX 670, their prices are coming down now and are a really good buy.

There is about a 14% difference between the stock models.

m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 14, 2012 5:22:47 PM

I don't consider myself a fan boy, I love AMD but I've never and will never suggest that someone buys AMD IF it's not the faster card. I love AMD but I'm a performance fanboy you could say, I choose the team that's winning.

With that said, you have to look at how Nvidia & AMD models match up.
GTX 660 Ti & 7950
GTX 670 & 7970
GTX 680 & 7970 Ghz Edi
GTX 690 & 7990 (good luck getting your hands on one)

A difference of up to 3% in overall performance on benchmarks can be attributed to the test system & drivers at time of review, you're also not going to "see" a performance that small while playing. There are some games that play better on Nvidia than AMD that most sites like to use as benchmarks, Skyrim, Portal 2, Starcraft 2, both Batman's and of course Battlefield 3.
m
l
a c 185 U Graphics card
October 14, 2012 7:57:50 PM

dscudella said:
I don't consider myself a fan boy, I love AMD but I've never and will never suggest that someone buys AMD IF it's not the faster card. I love AMD but I'm a performance fanboy you could say, I choose the team that's winning.

With that said, you have to look at how Nvidia & AMD models match up.
GTX 660 Ti & 7950
GTX 670 & 7970
GTX 680 & 7970 Ghz Edi
GTX 690 & 7990 (good luck getting your hands on one)

A difference of up to 3% in overall performance on benchmarks can be attributed to the test system & drivers at time of review, you're also not going to "see" a performance that small while playing. There are some games that play better on Nvidia than AMD that most sites like to use as benchmarks, Skyrim, Portal 2, Starcraft 2, both Batman's and of course Battlefield 3.
+1 Matto17secs found a chart a while back for those interested in which games favor which hardware.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
m
l
October 15, 2012 2:51:58 AM

I like the charts. I am going to order a GTX 670 once Newegg gets my card and refunds me. I love AMD I wanted them to win I really did but they failed me. Perhaps the 8xxx cards will be awesome however the drivers need to improve as well.
m
l
!