Sign in with
Your question

What the best GPU for 1080p Gaming?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 14, 2012 12:20:28 PM

Hi, i want to get a new gpu for next summer to play all upcoming games at MAX (1920x1080 Screen). I`m thinking about GTX 680 but I`m not dicided yet what brand and model to get. I live in warm house that have about 20°C-25°C , on the summer its about 30°C -35°C with this temps can i get evga superclocked 2GB or it was better to go with other cooling solution?
I say evga superclocked because i can get 10 years warranty but i like to MSI Ligthning 2Gb it has great cooling and performance but i can`t get more then 3 year warranty.
What is the best choice for me Evga or MSI ? But if you have other better option just say!
I never overclok the card and i don`t really know how to do it, i can only overclock the msi little more.
My system specs.
i7-2600 3.8Ghz
6GB 1333
Motherboard pegatron 2AB6 (gona upgrade it next year)
Corsair GS 700W
CASE: Cm Storm Enforcer or go with TROOPER or Bitfenix collosus window?
Thanks! and Hope you help in my decision!

More about : gpu 1080p gaming

October 14, 2012 12:30:20 PM

Wait until June or April to buy the new computer, by then Intels newest processors should be out newly released and the Radeon 8000 series and Geforce 700 series will be around as well.

Honestly if you bought anything now it'd just be outdated and wouldn't be able to play anything maxed out at 1080p.
October 14, 2012 1:06:54 PM

denus3 said:
Hi, i want to get a new gpu for next summer to play all upcoming games at MAX (1920x1080 Screen). I`m thinking about GTX 680 but I`m not dicided yet what brand and model to get. I live in warm house that have about 20°C-25°C , on the summer its about 30°C -35°C with this temps can i get evga superclocked 2GB or it was better to go with other cooling solution?
I say evga superclocked because i can get 10 years warranty but i like to MSI Ligthning 2Gb it has great cooling and performance but i can`t get more then 3 year warranty.
What is the best choice for me Evga or MSI ? But if you have other better option just say!
I never overclok the card and i don`t really know how to do it, i can only overclock the msi little more.
My system specs.
i7-2600 3.8Ghz
6GB 1333
Motherboard pegatron 2AB6 (gona upgrade it next year)
Corsair GS 700W
CASE: Cm Storm Enforcer or go with TROOPER or Bitfenix collosus window?
Thanks! and Hope you help in my decision!

get evga 1 since you will not oc because it is factory oc and cooling isn't a problem and for the case i would go with the bitfenix
Related resources
October 14, 2012 1:07:44 PM

considering winter is coming up, waiting until next summer for a videocard seems silly to me. he already bought everything but a good videocard, is he just supposed to sit around while his current hardware gets older? people tend to stay inside during the winter, perfect time to get a videocard. also, prices are high when something new launches, prices are lower now that those cards have been around for a bit and have had to compete with eachother (amd and nvidia.)

sounds like the op has already decided on what card, it's a nice card that will play anything at 1080p on full settings.
October 14, 2012 1:09:20 PM

Don't make any purchasing decisions until next year if you aren't buying until summer, new graphics cards will be out and new games (e.g. Crysis 3) with different requirements than games today.

If you're buying now and just thinking about GAMES next summer, there's no way to know for sure how a 680 will do. I'd avoid the Lightning card - it's a waste of money since Nvidia forced MSI to keep it voltage locked. The EVGA is the better option of those two.
October 14, 2012 1:11:30 PM

@Neon phyte

I'd say yes. OP said "Hi, i want to get a new gpu for next summer to play all upcoming games at MAX (1920x1080 Screen)" and since his specific requirement is play games next summer or get the new GPU next summer I suggested that he'd wait for the new cards to come out.
October 14, 2012 1:12:06 PM

you wont buy anything if you just keep waiting because amd intel or nividia will keep releasing new products plus the gtx680 is a very powerful card
October 14, 2012 1:34:10 PM

tigeryeow said:
you wont buy anything if you just keep waiting because amd intel or nividia will keep releasing new products plus the gtx680 is a very powerful card

The OP did mention that he only needed the upgrade for next summer anyway...

If thats the case, waiting may not be such a bad idea as its not just the GPU's that will be better, there will be haswell and possibly DDR4 out then...
October 14, 2012 1:37:44 PM

bit redundant really, if the op is waiting until next summer the op has no choice but to wait =P
October 15, 2012 4:19:51 AM

it all depend on the op
!