No DVD sound

G

I get sound from my audio cd's, but no sound using DVD. The store said some sound cards do NOT have dual connections. It would take them 5 to 10 days to check it out. No way...can't be w/o computer that long. How can I tell if it has 'dual connections'?

FatBurger

Illustrious
The store is full of crap. Best Buy, I'm guessing? Or Circuit City.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

ycs46241

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2001
newer sound cards have primary and aux connections and even better some cards use a two wire dvd wire{cant remember name} but my x gammer has one and if you use it you get better sound than using regular connector

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you use winxp you dont even need a sound cabe because a digital signal is sent though the pci bus to your soundcard.

If you ever stop learning, YOU'ER DEAD!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
even better some cards use a two wire dvd wire{cant remember name}

S/PDIF
Can't remember what it stands for, though.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

digital_trucker

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
The short and sweet answer is that if you are using a software decoder, it doesn't matter whether it has any wires at all. Except for the power and IDE cable, of course.

Wabbit season! Duck season! AMD season! INTEL season!
Hmmmph--whatever...

G

I've figured out that this is a software problem. I've loaded a new player, it worked a short time, then I got an error message. Guess I'll poke around some and see what happens. Thanks everyone for your help
Dee

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
the store pull your leg

there is sometimes a dual connection

but it is an analogic & numeric (Dolby Digital 5.1) connection

but just with the analogic one, you can ear DVD

EasyInfo :cool:
I would like to Invest for my PC !!
ok, buy nothing.