GTX 660 Ti, 670, or?

Bit of system info, if you need more let me know:
NZXT TEMPEST EVO Crafted Series TEVO-001BK Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Win 7 64 bit
ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 140W Quad-Core Processor
12 GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2
Asus Xonar Xense Sound Card

Current card is an overclocked GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 and that thing has been an absolute beast, but I think it's time I let her go in favor of something better since games are only going to get more and more intense from here. Since I tend to get a lot of great information just reading these forums, I figured I'd actually ask here for suggestions and advice. I namely play MMO's, shooters, and TB and RT Strategies if that means much. Also running on a 26 inch HDTV 1360x768 resolution, odd I know, but it's what I got and it works for my PC, PS3, and Sat.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127696

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127685

^ Those are the two I'm looking at. My price range is up to the $450 range. Could even hit $500 if the need arises.. Would I be alright just upgrading the card with the current system specs, which are ~2 years old, or go with a completely new build? I don't think the CPU will bottleneck a 660 or 670 or have any other problems, but that's also why I'm asking here since I'm not completely sure! Thanks in advance!
7 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Based on your system, your best suited for the 660ti PE
  2. ^+1 if you got anything higher it would just bottleneck the gpu
  3. I think you would be saving some money going to the 660 Ti PE
  4. i would reccomend the asus 660Ti because the overvolting problem but it's my opinion
  5. Alrighty! Thanks for the info everyone, sounds like the 660 TI it is.

I'll look into it devilofdeaths, thanks! I don't mind supporting either company, like them both.
  6. the msi power edition for sure, i dont buy that overvolting bs, im pretty sure the msi gtx 660tis are meant for that, and it gives you better performance anyway. i havent heard of anyone having problems with it
  7. At that res, your GTX 460 should be perfect. I would get a 7850 and save money.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product