US Robotics Winmodem #87252600

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi

I have the above modem installed in XP PRO. It works but has slow connect
speed.

When ran under 98se it connected at 50+.

I can't seem to find a updated driver other than the one on the XP disk.

Any suggestion on how to speed this up?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Rick;
If US Robotics does not have a Windows XP driver, it may be time for
another modem.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Rick" <rickk@bright.net> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have the above modem installed in XP PRO. It works but has slow
> connect
> speed.
>
> When ran under 98se it connected at 50+.
>
> I can't seem to find a updated driver other than the one on the XP
> disk.
>
> Any suggestion on how to speed this up?

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I was hoping some one might refer me to a driver that might work Besides the
number in the subject matter, it's also identified as model 2526 if that
helps someone.

TIA
Rick
"Rick" <rickk@bright.net> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have the above modem installed in XP PRO. It works but has slow connect
> speed.
>
> When ran under 98se it connected at 50+.
>
> I can't seem to find a updated driver other than the one on the XP disk.
>
> Any suggestion on how to speed this up?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

You would need to check the manufacturer's website as all drivers, including
those supplied with XP are supplied by and the responsibility of the device
manufacturer.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User