Contax; What happened to the $7900 DSLR?

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 26, 2005 10:32:18 PM

That camera looked different, it had different specs
than what is offered today. At the time, it's pixel count
was astonishing, but did they ever build it?
Is Contax going to be like Leica, having to put their badge
on a price-uprated Panasonic???
-Rich
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 4:00:12 AM

RichA <none@none.com> wrote in news:i8gt615kvtbk84k3e806rrr94epekr339v@
4ax.com:

> That camera looked different, it had different specs
> than what is offered today. At the time, it's pixel count
> was astonishing, but did they ever build it?
> Is Contax going to be like Leica, having to put their badge
> on a price-uprated Panasonic???

Contax R.I.P. Too little too late for too much.

--
Albert Nurick | "Everyone is entitled to his own
albert@nurick.com | opinion, but not his own facts."

see: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0504/05041201contaxend.asp

Kyocera Corp...owners of the Contax brand have pulled the plug on it.

> That camera looked different, it had different specs
> than what is offered today. At the time, it's pixel count
> was astonishing, but did they ever build it?
> Is Contax going to be like Leica, having to put their badge
> on a price-uprated Panasonic???
> -Rich
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 4:37:01 PM

"canongirly" <me@me.com> wrote:

>see: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0504/05041201contaxend.asp
>
>Kyocera Corp...owners of the Contax brand have pulled the plug on it.

Kyocera do NOT own the Contax brand. The Contax brand is owned by
Carl Zeiss of Germany. It was merely licensed to Kyocera, as was the
Carl Zeiss brand for lenses. Kyocera have decided to stop making
Contax cameras and Carl Zeiss lenses, that's all. The brand still
exists.

Carl Zeiss of Germany have recently licensed the Carl Zeiss brand to
Hasselblad for lenses in the new Zeiss Ikon range of 35mm rangefinder
equipment, which is being manufactured by Cosina of Japan and marketed
worldwide by Hasselblad.
!