Sign in with
Your question

New build again

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
December 5, 2012 4:03:12 AM

Hello guys :hello:  ,Im going to build another build and please tell me if there any bad part. :D 

Processor:Intel core i7 3770k
Motherboard:Asus P8Z77v-Pro
GPU:MSI GTX670 PowerEdition
RAM:G.Skill RipjawX 8gb 1600mhz
Storage:Western digital caviar black 1tb
Storage:Crucial m4 128gb ssd
Case:Cooler master 690 II Advanced
Cooler:Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro
DVD:LG 24x
Power supply:Corsair HX650W Modular

:ange: 

More about : build

December 5, 2012 7:30:10 AM

What your using the rig for would help. The i7 says video editing, but the 8GB of RAM says gaming.

General points.
- Drop the watercooler for a Hyper 212 EVO, budget watercooling is no better than cheap air coolers.
- Swap the Crucial M4 for a Samsung 830, its a better drive.
- Swap to the Gigabyte or ASUS 670, the MSI has overvolting issues.
- Seagate has a cheaper 1TB drive on the market, could save yourself $20 or so.
- Motherboard is very expensive, could downgrade that to a Z77 Extreme4 and have all the same features.
- Up the PSU to 750W if you want to Crossfire/SLI later on.
- Despite how good that case is, I advise getting a better one. A HAF-XM would do nicely.

If its for gaming.
- Get the 3570k, thats all you need for gaming.

If its for editing.
- Double the RAM to 16GB.
m
l
December 5, 2012 3:03:30 PM

manofchalk said:
What your using the rig for would help. The i7 says video editing, but the 8GB of RAM says gaming.

General points.
- Drop the watercooler for a Hyper 212 EVO, budget watercooling is no better than cheap air coolers.
- Swap the Crucial M4 for a Samsung 830, its a better drive.
- Swap to the Gigabyte or ASUS 670, the MSI has overvolting issues.
- Seagate has a cheaper 1TB drive on the market, could save yourself $20 or so.
- Motherboard is very expensive, could downgrade that to a Z77 Extreme4 and have all the same features.
- Up the PSU to 750W if you want to Crossfire/SLI later on.
- Despite how good that case is, I advise getting a better one. A HAF-XM would do nicely.

If its for gaming.
- Get the 3570k, thats all you need for gaming.

If its for editing.
- Double the RAM to 16GB.

Hi manofchalk,I already change the cooler to Hyper 212 evo and the GPU to Gigabyte gtx670.I know the Samsung 830 is better but i cant find it at my local shop so ill stick with the crucial m4.The i7 3770k will not change and ill increase the RAM to 16gb because this pc is use for Gaming and video editing.Ill stick with the P8Z77v-pro and the WD 1tb because i like it and for blue/black theme.I change the PSU to Seasonic because its better and some of corsair power supply are made by seasonic and the case will be NZXT Phantom 410.BTW thank you for replying :D 
Here the new spec

GPU:Gigabyte Gtx670
RAM:Corsair vengeance 8x2 16gb LP
Case:NZXT Phantom 410 mid atx casing
Cooler:Hyper 212 Evo
Power supply:Seasonic 660w X series True power

m
l
December 5, 2012 8:03:02 PM

ultimatum_41 said:
Hi manofchalk,I already change the cooler to Hyper 212 evo and the GPU to Gigabyte gtx670.I know the Samsung 830 is better but i cant find it at my local shop so ill stick with the crucial m4.The i7 3770k will not change and ill increase the RAM to 16gb because this pc is use for Gaming and video editing.Ill stick with the P8Z77v-pro and the WD 1tb because i like it and for blue/black theme.I change the PSU to Seasonic because its better and some of corsair power supply are made by seasonic and the case will be NZXT Phantom 410.BTW thank you for replying :D 
Here the new spec

GPU:Gigabyte Gtx670
RAM:Corsair vengeance 8x2 16gb LP
Case:NZXT Phantom 410 mid atx casing
Cooler:Hyper 212 Evo
Power supply:Seasonic 660w X series True power

The Crucial M4 is fine, and that power supply is a good choice. However gaming won't benefit from the 3770K or 16GB of RAM. You could drop both of those things and upgrade to the 256GB model of the M4 if you need more storage.
m
l
!