Dumbfounded

ozzie

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Okay, I log on to a particular server (don't remember its name) and played
three maps. The fourth begins to load when I experience a disconnection. I
click "reconnect" (or whatever the SPANISH word for it is) and I get the
message that the server is for Low Pings Only. Do some sites jump you to
another server in order to offer more maps?

I'd like to change my ping but can't because the menus are in Spanish.

Ozzie

Nex

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:14:02 GMT, "Ozzie" <res1q87y@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Okay, I log on to a particular server (don't remember its name) and played
>three maps. The fourth begins to load when I experience a disconnection. I
>click "reconnect" (or whatever the SPANISH word for it is) and I get the
>message that the server is for Low Pings Only. Do some sites jump you to
>another server in order to offer more maps?
>
>I'd like to change my ping but can't because the menus are in Spanish.
>
>Ozzie

how do you change your ping from the menu??

ping, i thought, is determined by external factors, not menu items..
otherwise we'd all crank our pings down to 1!

re your disconnection.. i've had it happen a couple of times too,
after i've played maps on the server already.. i can only assume that
as it connects, some random factor (maybe my email or something) is
checking at the same time, temporarily causing a larger ping than the
game accepts.

every single time this has hapened, i just click reconnect and it lets
me in no problems.

Nex

"Nex" <yeahright@nottelling.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:14:02 GMT, "Ozzie" <res1q87y@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Okay, I log on to a particular server (don't remember its name) and
played
> >three maps. The fourth begins to load wh
enIexperienceadisconnection.I
> >click "reconnect" (or whatever the SPANISH word for it is) and I get the
> >message that the server is for Low Pings Only. Do some sites jump you to
> >another server in order to offer more maps?
> >
> >I'd like to change my ping but can't because the menus are in Spanish.
> >
> >Ozzie
> >

> how do you change your ping from the menu??
>
> ping, i thought, is determined by external factors, not menu items..
> otherwise we'd all crank our pings down to 1!
>
> re your disconnection.. i've had it happen a couple of times too,
> after i've played maps on the server already.. i can only assume that
> as it connects, some random factor (maybe my email or something) is
> checking at the same time, temporarily causing a larger ping than the
> game accepts.
>
> every single time this has hapened, i just click reconnect and it lets
> me in no problems.
>
> Nex

some servers will automatically download the latest maps...sometimes it can
be a bit alarming, suddenly having some huge download coming from a strange
server..stuff happens, usually it's OK..as for the ping issue, it has
everything to do with your own system and what all is happening on your
ISP....go to

http://www.toast.net/performance/

and check your connection speed at various times....you might be surprised.

daFamousGrouse

(aka FatWalt)