Dumbfounded

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Okay, I log on to a particular server (don't remember its name) and played
three maps. The fourth begins to load when I experience a disconnection. I
click "reconnect" (or whatever the SPANISH word for it is) and I get the
message that the server is for Low Pings Only. Do some sites jump you to
another server in order to offer more maps?

I'd like to change my ping but can't because the menus are in Spanish.

Ozzie
2 answers Last reply
More about dumbfounded
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:14:02 GMT, "Ozzie" <res1q87y@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >Okay, I log on to a particular server (don't remember its name) and played
    >three maps. The fourth begins to load when I experience a disconnection. I
    >click "reconnect" (or whatever the SPANISH word for it is) and I get the
    >message that the server is for Low Pings Only. Do some sites jump you to
    >another server in order to offer more maps?
    >
    >I'd like to change my ping but can't because the menus are in Spanish.
    >
    >Ozzie

    how do you change your ping from the menu??

    ping, i thought, is determined by external factors, not menu items..
    otherwise we'd all crank our pings down to 1!

    re your disconnection.. i've had it happen a couple of times too,
    after i've played maps on the server already.. i can only assume that
    as it connects, some random factor (maybe my email or something) is
    checking at the same time, temporarily causing a larger ping than the
    game accepts.

    every single time this has hapened, i just click reconnect and it lets
    me in no problems.

    Nex
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Nex" <yeahright@nottelling.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:14:02 GMT, "Ozzie" <res1q87y@verizon.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Okay, I log on to a particular server (don't remember its name) and
    played
    > >three maps. The fourth begins to load wh
    enIexperienceadisconnection.I
    > >click "reconnect" (or whatever the SPANISH word for it is) and I get the
    > >message that the server is for Low Pings Only. Do some sites jump you to
    > >another server in order to offer more maps?
    > >
    > >I'd like to change my ping but can't because the menus are in Spanish.
    > >
    > >Ozzie
    > >

    > how do you change your ping from the menu??
    >
    > ping, i thought, is determined by external factors, not menu items..
    > otherwise we'd all crank our pings down to 1!
    >
    > re your disconnection.. i've had it happen a couple of times too,
    > after i've played maps on the server already.. i can only assume that
    > as it connects, some random factor (maybe my email or something) is
    > checking at the same time, temporarily causing a larger ping than the
    > game accepts.
    >
    > every single time this has hapened, i just click reconnect and it lets
    > me in no problems.
    >
    > Nex

    some servers will automatically download the latest maps...sometimes it can
    be a bit alarming, suddenly having some huge download coming from a strange
    server..stuff happens, usually it's OK..as for the ping issue, it has
    everything to do with your own system and what all is happening on your
    ISP....go to

    http://www.toast.net/performance/

    and check your connection speed at various times....you might be surprised.

    daFamousGrouse

    (aka FatWalt)

Connection Games Servers Video Games