NEW PC BUILD FOR MAKING GAMES/PLAYING GAMES

kaza1205

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Hey guys, I'm looking to build my own computer, and to be honest i haven't got a clue what hardware I need...

I have tried searching up, but I have came across people saying, you need the right parts to go with each other to get the most out of your system so your money hasn't went to waste.

Well it will be a wee while before I can get the money to buy the parts I need, maybe next February, I guess :L

My budget, well it can be whatever it wants to be, but with the girlfriend etc it does have to be reasonable, maybe 500-600?
I have a monitor and am getting a second one soon.
I have a case, but I hate it, looks terrible. so you can offer a case if you want, but it doesn't get included into the overall budget :]

Usage wise, well, may sounds stupid that I'm looking to do this and not have a clue about computer hardware, I'm learning so give me time ill be learning about overclocking etc aswell :] but yea, back on topic, usage, well I'm looking to start making games, Mainly in Unity 3D or Maya. I tried it ages ago, but the computer I have atm went insanely slow..

I will also be playing games on this comp, Games like bf3, bo2 and the new far cry 3 :]

The specs that i can find atm which my computer has are :

Microsoft XP Home Edition SP2 - Don't worry I'm going to be buying a new OP

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU
E5200 @ 2.50GHz
2.50GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

I have had this computer for maybe around 4-5 years :L as you can probably tell

So guys and if there are any, gals, help me out please? :]

Xttony

Distinguished
Amd fx 8350 $180, gigabyte ga-970a-ud3 $100, amd hd 7970 $420, corsair vengeance or gskill ripjaws 2x4gB. 120gB ssd $100.

For making games and stuff (I dont think you'll go for high end stuff) this config is also good but I'd say go for 4x4gB of ram.

kaza1205

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Any certain case's which would be good to pile all this into? :]
Thanks for your input aswell.
Also what is an SSD?

kaza1205

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
I know his is quite dear, I'm hoping for more suggestions before I buy etc anyways, so I've took note of his set up, hoping for more though, and aaa right thanks :)

Xttony

Distinguished
You can also get your self amd hd 7850 $220 - $270?

If it is looks you want with your case get an antec case www.antec.com

The processor I suggested is the best in that price range.

You can slash off the ssd for now. But when the games start to lag (future games, the game you mentioned would run just fine) get an ssd.

As for brands of gpu and ssd, almost all are good but if you want any specific brand for for sapphire in graphics card. Crucial or ocz. (I don't know about the brands myself but according to anandtech they are the best) I've been using a Kingston and havenot faced any problems yet.

You can also go for a nVidia graphics card but they cost more than any equivalent amd card. NVidia cards require less power to run.
As with the motherboard I prefer gigabyte. You can go for others too like ASUS or ASRock, but I had a great run with a gigabyte motherboard.

kaza1205

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
I will probably be going for a gigabyte motherboard, so that's sorted, as long as i get a nice set up for the price i gave above then i will be grand :]

Wolfshadw

Titan
I was hoping someone else more familiar with your system usage would chime in, but I guess not. The build below is nothing flashy, but should get the job done. It does require that you salvage the hard drive and optical drive from your current system (this assumes they are both SATA drives).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor ($99.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($104.98 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1066 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 6770 1GB Video Card ($107.28 @ CompUSA)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($51.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $573.69
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-08 12:39 EST-0500)

Hope this helps a bit.

-Wolf sends

kaza1205

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Thanks Wolf for your recommendation, apparently not many people are willing to help, but hey, what can you do :p

And i dont care if my system isnt flashy, as long as it does what i need it to do :] thanks again

TRENDING THREADS