CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: A-Data XPG SX900 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: Sapphire HD 7970 VAPOR-X GHZ 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Case: NZXT Switch 810 (Matte Black) ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair Professional Gold 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer
Monitor: Dell U2412M 60Hz 24.0" Monitor

Are all these parts compatible? I'm not looking for any suggestions for changes just confirmation that tthey will all work together and that all is compatible?

Anything else I should pick up (not including mouse/keyboard) like should I get some watercooling or better/more fans for the case?

Its all good, would only change small things on the build, and they are not of great importance (halve the RAM and a Samsung 830 SSD).

Dont bother with closed loop watercooling (a H100), if you want water in your system just jump to the full blown thing.
As for fans, the Corsair quiet edition fans are fairly good, have a decent CFM and are good for heatsinks/radiators (though I wouldnt replace the stock Noctua ones).

for a nice watercooling you will have to spend around $200, all in one water cooling solutions like h100 is $100, a decent air cooler is $50 up to $100 for the best air coolers

laskaqwerty

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

What would be your personal suggestion? Anything under $200 is fine ! Better than having parts overheat!

for custom water loop I can't suggest you anything as I have never went down that path, for all in one water coolers I'm using h100 and it keeps my 2550k@4.8ghz in good temps..no leaks yet since I have owned it for 6 months now lol...as for air coolers I have used cooler master v8 which goes for around $50 online

laskaqwerty

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

Would you recommend a H100 as opposed to air cooling or in conjunction? Maybe both that and a cooler master v8?

How likely are leaks and how damaging are they?

h100 as any other water cooling solution (custom ater cooling is more efficient) will give you better load temps, the idle temps will be the same

like i said above i like my h100, you can get the newer h100i version with better design..they include better fans, better cpu block with the pump in it and the tubes seem to be thicker (better flow)

when you go water cooling you always risk of a leak but i feel like if you buy an all in one enclosed loop kit it has been put together and tested for leaks by some personel that knows what they are doing, if the cooler leaks from the cpu socket for example and fries your motherboard and possibly the video card you can fight the company to refund the cooler and the parts it has destroyed as they are reliable for their product, they have put it together and not you so i feel like you risk less but that is just my opinion :D

laskaqwerty

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Is this the best kind of set up or is it overkill for my build? [taken from proxycon on overclockers.net]

7186686506_db4f76065b_b.jpg

laskaqwerty

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Do you know what I've just done a bit of research and a watercooler such as the H100 would be instead of the Noctua as opposed to as well as from what it looks like? Forgive my newbiness, even so is it still worth following the fan setup in the above picture? What are the best fans?

BreadWhistle

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Myself, I've never heard anything great about the Tt or Corsair water cooling thing-a-ma-jigs, except that they keep your CPU cool. Seems like an oxymoron, but I've heard from a reliability standpoint, it's not worth the $100. But I've never had one myself, so don't take my "hearings" to heart.

And with fans, I've heard great things from the Corsair Air SP120 and Cougar Vortex 120mm fans. The Cougar fan is 13dBA quieter, and moves about 7 more CFM, but only comes in black shell/orange blade, or the opposite. The Corsair is all black w/ fancy color ring things.

But if you are really, Really, REALLY, REALLY crazy about airflow, grab a Delta 120mm fan. It moves 241 CFM at 5200 RPM. But beware, as it makes spits out 62 dBA worth of noise from a single fan. Rumor has it that, if listening to it's noise for long enough, the user must live through eternity hearing jet engines taking off every time he/she sits at his/her computer.....

Scary.

laskaqwerty

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
I was thinking about getting 4 120mm scythe gentle typhoon. There doesn't seem to be muchssaidabout 140mm fans , and the only difference is the 140s take in more air at a lower rpm right? So its better to have good 120mm fans and the typhoon seem to be the best that I've read about.

So anyway it says purchased above I would have 120mm fans, would that give a sufficiently good air flow and cooling?

laskaqwerty

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
So back exhaust: 140mm stock
Top exhausts: 1 140mm in middle stock flanked by two typhoon 120mm purchased.
Bottom intake: 1 120mm typhoon purchased.
Front intake : 1 140mm stock Top and 1 120mm typhoon below purchased.
You intake: 1 140mm stock

Sound good? Or does anyone know a better arrangement of better fan/ 140mm fans that are really good?