Sign in with
Your question

AMD GPU along side with a Nvidia GPU

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 14, 2012 7:45:16 PM

Hello folks! Right now my current setup is just a single GTX 580 SC. Runs fine, got two monitors hooked up to it working fine.

I have a HD 5450 that I used to use in my HTPC that I would like to put in my second PCI slot and output it to another monitor. I don't want to play games or use it for anything demanding really I just want to be able to put IRC or something alike on another monitor to the side.

People have told me this is possible, but Googleing I can't find much about it. Any info is helpful.

Thanks!
a b U Graphics card
October 15, 2012 3:06:46 AM

idk, did you try installing the drivers for AMD and hooking up the monitor to it? Might work!
m
l
a c 194 U Graphics card
a c 106 C Monitor
October 15, 2012 3:19:20 AM

You have an i5 2500k with a z68 mobo don't you? Use the integrated, it uses less power and is less hassle. That's how I run my monitors: hd 3000 + 560ti.

But with the 5450, it should work. Nothing to really tell you but to try and find out. Sometimes the amd drivers don't play nice with other display drivers.
m
l
a c 147 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 15, 2012 3:22:00 AM

i dont really remember but if im not mistaken with 7 you can install two (or maybe more) different drivers in the system so your amd card should work if you got drivers for it
m
l
!