AMD GPU along side with a Nvidia GPU

Hello folks! Right now my current setup is just a single GTX 580 SC. Runs fine, got two monitors hooked up to it working fine.

I have a HD 5450 that I used to use in my HTPC that I would like to put in my second PCI slot and output it to another monitor. I don't want to play games or use it for anything demanding really I just want to be able to put IRC or something alike on another monitor to the side.

People have told me this is possible, but Googleing I can't find much about it. Any info is helpful.

Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about side nvidia
  1. idk, did you try installing the drivers for AMD and hooking up the monitor to it? Might work!
  2. You have an i5 2500k with a z68 mobo don't you? Use the integrated, it uses less power and is less hassle. That's how I run my monitors: hd 3000 + 560ti.

But with the 5450, it should work. Nothing to really tell you but to try and find out. Sometimes the amd drivers don't play nice with other display drivers.
  3. i dont really remember but if im not mistaken with 7 you can install two (or maybe more) different drivers in the system so your amd card should work if you got drivers for it
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Monitors Graphics