Backup SMS from 6600 and 7610 to PC

Hi,

I'd like to know how to backup SMS on a PC in a "friendly text
format". I use the PC suite of both phones, and when you do a backup,
you get the content in .dat files, some of them are the SMS, but
really not in a nice format.

Is there anyway to keep SMS on PC in .txt files ??

Thanks
Celia
2 answers Last reply
More about backup 6600 7610

    Yes, you can do it with Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones (
    http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). Our program enables to back your messages
    up in single text archive or in separate notepad files.

    You can download the latest free trial of Oxygen Phone Manager II for
    Symbian OS phones here: http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip

    Our software supports both phone via bluetooth connection. We don't support
    cable connection for these models.

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
    Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, Celia!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on 10 Jan 2005 05:56:24 -0800
    from address celia@parisfree.com:

    "Celia" <celia@parisfree.com> schreef in bericht
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to know how to backup SMS on a PC in a "friendly text
    > format". I use the PC suite of both phones, and when you do a backup,
    > you get the content in .dat files, some of them are the SMS, but
    > really not in a nice format.
    >
    > Is there anyway to keep SMS on PC in .txt files ??

    Yes, see: MessageStorer on http://www.symbianware.com/index.php?pl=n6600

Nokia Backup Format