Backup SMS from 6600 and 7610 to PC

Last response: in Brands
January 10, 2005 8:56:24 AM

Hi,

I'd like to know how to backup SMS on a PC in a "friendly text
format". I use the PC suite of both phones, and when you do a backup,
you get the content in .dat files, some of them are the SMS, but
really not in a nice format.

Is there anyway to keep SMS on PC in .txt files ??

Thanks
Celia

More about : backup sms 6600 7610

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 10:36:19 PM

Yes, you can do it with Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones (
http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). Our program enables to back your messages
up in single text archive or in separate notepad files.

You can download the latest free trial of Oxygen Phone Manager II for
Symbian OS phones here: http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip

Our software supports both phone via bluetooth connection. We don't support
cable connection for these models.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, Celia!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on 10 Jan 2005 05:56:24 -0800
from address celia@parisfree.com:

>Hi,

>I'd like to know how to backup SMS on a PC in a "friendly text
>format". I use the PC suite of both phones, and when you do a backup,
>you get the content in .dat files, some of them are the SMS, but
>really not in a nice format.

>Is there anyway to keep SMS on PC in .txt files ??

>Thanks
>Celia
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 12:58:31 AM