IEEE 1394 PCI Firewire on Windows Server 2003 not work wit..

I've installed a Firewire card from PPA Inc on a Window
Server 2003 machine. The Device Manager seemed to
recognized the card fine but when connect to my DV
camcorder, none of the Video edit softwares recognized
the connection. Any ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about ieee 1394 firewire windows server 2003 work

    You need to ask in the Servers newsgroups, this group is for Windows XP and
    XP is designed for a lot of things that are just not available and
    definitely wanted or required on a Server O/S. Windows 2003 in particular
    is locked down as far as it can be for security reasons. And because it's a
    Server. It was never designed for surfing, gaming, digital video editing
    etc.

    Do you not have a regular XP PC you can try with?
    www.coribright.com

    "VictorVanDoom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've installed a Firewire card from PPA Inc on a Window
    > Server 2003 machine. The Device Manager seemed to
    > recognized the card fine but when connect to my DV
    > camcorder, none of the Video edit softwares recognized
    > the connection. Any ideas?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    I have a PIV 2.4 Ghz machine (not a server) running win XP
    pro and I've been searching for a solution to this problem
    for over a month. My machine has onboard 1394 from Via
    and has previously worked fine with my JVC DV 600 video
    deck.

    I had a major problem and had to completely reload Windows
    XP and SP 1a. Since then I can't get my computer to
    recognise my 1394 device. I've tried using a new cable
    and a different FireWire device but with the same result.

    Additionally my other machine that also runs XP has
    developed the same problem despite having been able to see
    the second device easily when tested previously.

    I have never had more than one 1394 device connected at
    the same time.

    If anyone can come up with an answer to this problem of
    the very grateful.

    PB
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    PB wrote:

    > I have a PIV 2.4 Ghz machine (not a server) running win XP
    > pro and I've been searching for a solution to this problem
    > for over a month. My machine has onboard 1394 from Via
    > and has previously worked fine with my JVC DV 600 video
    > deck.
    >
    > I had a major problem and had to completely reload Windows
    > XP and SP 1a. Since then I can't get my computer to
    > recognise my 1394 device. I've tried using a new cable
    > and a different FireWire device but with the same result.
    >
    > Additionally my other machine that also runs XP has
    > developed the same problem despite having been able to see
    > the second device easily when tested previously.
    >
    > I have never had more than one 1394 device connected at
    > the same time.
    >
    > If anyone can come up with an answer to this problem of
    > the very grateful.
    >
    > PB
    Did you relaod the chipset drivers? http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=1

Drivers Windows Server 2003 Firewire Connection Windows XP