Sign in with
Your question

Does This Work? ORDERING TODAY!

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
December 5, 2012 1:41:35 PM

Sorry for lack of text but what I'm asking is will this work together?Anything Missing? Is this a good setup?

Thanks in Advance,

More about : work ordering today

December 5, 2012 1:50:02 PM

why not ? besides of the "antistatik-kram" which you don't need...just touch a heating unit (oder wie auch immer nen Heizungskörper heisst...)
December 5, 2012 2:00:12 PM

Is this a gaming PC primarily? If so, you would benefit from dropping the I7 to an i5-3570k and upgrading the 660Ti to a 670 or 7970. Hyperthreading rarely and barely has a positive impact on FPS, generally considered not worth the cost; on the other hand, a better GPU will almost always improve FPS.

Your PSU is overkill as well, 850w is enough to run SLI of any card easily (if that is your goal then it's fine though).

16GB of ram has not benefit for gaming over 8GB. RAM is cheap enough though that if you aren't trying to shave cost, it doesn't really hurt either.
Related resources
Anonymous
December 5, 2012 2:29:15 PM

Jigo said:
why not ? besides of the "antistatik-kram" which you don't need...just touch a heating unit (oder wie auch immer nen Heizungskörper heisst...)

I just needed to be sure before I ordered :)  And I know I probably don't need the wristband but its better safe than sorry.
Anonymous
December 5, 2012 2:45:29 PM

djscribbles said:
Is this a gaming PC primarily? If so, you would benefit from dropping the I7 to an i5-3570k and upgrading the 660Ti to a 670 or 7970. Hyperthreading rarely and barely has a positive impact on FPS, generally considered not worth the cost; on the other hand, a better GPU will almost always improve FPS.

Your PSU is overkill as well, 850w is enough to run SLI of any card easily (if that is your goal then it's fine though).

16GB of ram has not benefit for gaming over 8GB. RAM is cheap enough though that if you aren't trying to shave cost, it doesn't really hurt either.

This is the part where I'm so conflicted :fou:  I'll be using it for about 50% gaming, 50% graphics and editing. I want the i7 but your way sounds smarter
!