Sign in with
Your question

Best video card supported by intel dx58so

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 14, 2012 10:50:20 PM

best video card supported by intel dx58so (motherBoard)
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/des...
I use the Extreme.

Im currently looking to upgrade my Quadro 1800 Graphic's card to get better FPS while playing games such as TEra.

What video card would you reccomend? in either dual or single configurations. I have been been looking into the MSI Dual Frozr GTX570. maybe as a dual setup...
Does this solution make sense or is there a hiccup? Any better solutions?
a c 259 U Graphics card
a b å Intel
October 14, 2012 11:10:18 PM

In general, I prefer a strong single card over dual card setups.
Some games do not play well with sli.
And... there is the issue of microstuttering, particularly with lower end cards.
Read about that here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stut...

If your budget permits, look at a GTX670 or 7970 which is about as good as it gets for a single monitor.
Past that point, you get diminishing returns for your dollar.

The newer 28nm based cards (GTX6xx and amd 7xxx) need less power and run cooler.
I would look for one of those first.
m
l
October 15, 2012 1:48:51 AM

i Don't believe the motherboard I listed above will support PCI3.0 so that said... I think only the GTX500 series is logical not the GTX600 series... That said do you still feel the same..?
m
l
Related resources
October 15, 2012 1:58:26 AM

Pci express x16 3.0 video cards are backwards compatable with pce express x16 2.1, 2.0, 1.1, 1.0.

Your motherboard has a pci express x16 2.0 slot. You may see a few frames dropped from what you would typically see with a radeon 7970 or gtx 680. I really don't think it will be that big of a deal though. They are still going to be your best bet.

I would suggest a 7970 if you are going to overclock like a madman or a gtx 680 if you aren't.

I personally have a gtx 670 ftw running on a pci express x16 2.1 slot and experience pretty much exactly what reviews state.
m
l
October 15, 2012 2:10:13 AM

thank you very much. Your answer has helped alot...
I had been previous told going from PCIE 2.0 into a 3.0 graphics card would work but slow card down to near a PCIE 2.o speed... (Hence the speeds of the GTX 500 series speed respectivly
m
l
!