Please rate my PC!

Hey I just bought this from CP during black friday sales. Please rate it and what you would change. This setup cost me $680, is it good for the price?

CASE: Raidmax Viper ATX-321WB
CPU: AMD-FX 8150 8 core 3.6GHz
MOBO: ASUS M5A97
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 650 2GB (not sure of company)
MEMORY: 8GB (2 x 4GB) CORSAIR Vengeance 1866MHz
HD: 2TB 6GB/s 7200RPM (not sure of company)
FAN: ASETEK 510LC Liquid Cooling System
PSU: XTREMEGEAR 700 watt (I've heard this was a terrible PSU because of rippling)

And these are some accessories that I will be using on the pc from my former rig.

Hanns-G GH216D 22" monitor
Logitech mx510 mouse (best mouse ever, been using it for the past 6 years no problem)
Razer Arctosa keyboard
FUNC sUrface1030 gaming pad
Razer Carcharias headset

I think i'll be changing the PSU right after christmas money comes in, I havent bought a computer in years and forgot how important a solid PSU was. I had purchased this rig and then read reviews on the parts(stupidly). However I felt for $680, this rig is a pretty solid machine.

What do you people think?? Also this is my first post on Tom's even so I hope this is all the info you need.
8 answers Last reply
More about please rate
  1. i think you are going to be dissapointed in the gaming performance of that build.
    a mobo with a 990fx chipset and a radeon 7850 would have been a better choice.
  2. That GPU isn't very powerful and will be bested by a 7770 most of the time. That might be on thing to look into changing. Possibly going to a 7850 would be your best choice for performance on a budget.
  3. The main reason I purchased a bunch of these parts were because of free upgrades on black friday. Also, I'm coming from a 6 year old laptop that I have been trying to play games on, so at this point anything is better. Considering I had about a $550-$600 budget. I tried to make the most of it.
  4. It should get you medium settings just fine in most games.
  5. Thanks for the feedback guys. I got really excited on black friday and i jumped the gun on purchasing parts, never will I do that again.
  6. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-geforce-gtx-650-benchmark,3297-6.html

here are some benchmarks for your GPU. Read through the next few pages for more games benchmarked.

Don't forget that gaming is 90% GPU and 10% CPU.

An intel pentium + a 7870 will run rings around an i7 + a 7770.
  7. I plan to run at 1680 x 1050 so I think I should be okay.

I'm currently using an Asus x83v

Intel core 2 duo 2.0ghz
    nvidia 9300m gs
    4gb ddr2

so you can assume that im really excited to get this new hardware. Right now I dont have very high standards on graphics, so I'm not very concerned if i cant play games on MAX settings at high resolutions. I just want a reliable, stable computer, thats within this generation of technology. I understand it's a midrange rig, but for the price i can't see it being a bad buy
  8. Also, how powerful of a powersupply would i need for my parts? I'm going to look into getting one this christmas. Would a 450-500w be sufficient?

Bump.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cyberpower Systems