Mein previous posting in English

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Hello,

when I create a file called mapcycle.cfg with following content:

m01 "Map mp_chateau; nextmap vstr m02"
m02 "Map mp_keep; nextmap vstr m03"

and execute it in console with \exec mapcycle.cfg, starts a game but
with the map mp_beach. If I put this content in another file starts the
game with mp_chateau, but when the next map should be startet, comes a
message: \exec : filename for nextmap or something like that. What is wrong?

and the second thing:
How could I force, that when Wolfenstein starts it starts with the
server.cfg. I have to \exec server.cfg in the console to load the settings?

Thanks

"Tobias Müller" <crazy_cheese_@freenet.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> when I create a file called mapcycle.cfg with following content:
>
> m01 "Map mp_chateau; nextmap vstr m02"
> m02 "Map mp_keep; nextmap vstr m03"
>
> and execute it in console with \exec mapcycle.cfg, starts a game but
> with the map mp_beach. If I put this content in another file starts the
> game with mp_chateau, but when the next map should be startet, comes a
> message: \exec : filename for nextmap or something like that. What is
wrong?

You need to change the above to:

set m01 "Map mp_chateau; nextmap vstr m02"
set m02 "Map mp_keep; nextmap vstr m01"
vstr m01

The set is needed to put the strings into those variables. The vstr m01 at
the end then tells wolf to run the contents of variable m01, which is your
first map load. With your example you then had a vstr m03, but no m03
defined. You need to make your last line reference the first so it loops
back. If you add a third map using m03, you would change the 2nd line to
point to m03, and make the m03 line point back to m01. Hope that makes
sense.

> and the second thing:
> How could I force, that when Wolfenstein starts it starts with the
> server.cfg. I have to \exec server.cfg in the console to load the
settings?

On the command line for the server add +exec server.cfg to the end, that
tells it to run your server.cfg file. Or make a file called autoexec.cfg
containing just the line

exec server.cfg

and put that in your Main dir.

Dan / [AGW]Spacker
[AGW] server @ 212.135.149.19:27960

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

So did my reply help or not? The silence is unnerving :p

Dan / [AGW]Spacker

Spacker schrieb:
> So did my reply help or not? The silence is unnerving :p
>
> Dan / [AGW]Spacker

In a way yes. To run the mapcycle properly I had to extract the pak.pk1
(or so) file and delete or change the included mapcycle.cfg.
Then I insert the lines in the new mapcycle.cfg to your suggestion:

set m01 "Map mp_chateau; nextmap vstr m02"
set m02 "Map mp_keep; nextmap vstr m01"
vstr m01

But this doesn´t work. I had put a set in front of nextmap. E.G.

set m01 "Map mp_chateau; set nextmap vstr m02"
set m02 "Map mp_keep; set nextmap vstr m01"
vstr m01

Since then it works great. Thanks alot.

> Spacker schrieb:
> > So did my reply help or not? The silence is unnerving :p
> >
> > Dan / [AGW]Spacker
> >

> In a way yes. To run the mapcycle properly I had to extract the pak.pk1
> (or so) file and delete or change the included mapcycle.cfg.
> Then I insert the lines in the new mapcycle.cfg to your suggestion:
>
> set m01 "Map mp_chateau; nextmap vstr m02"
> set m02 "Map mp_keep; nextmap vstr m01"
> vstr m01
>

> But this doesn´t work. I had put a set in front of nextmap. E.G.
>
> set m01 "Map mp_chateau; set nextmap vstr m02"
> set m02 "Map mp_keep; set nextmap vstr m01"
> vstr m01
>
> Since then it works great. Thanks alot.

Ah, I'd forgotten about the set there too. Sorry. My map cycle file is
pretty big, it loops through all the available maps a few times with forced
team switching and a few other options, I must have missed that part of the
line ... I haven't had to touch the cycling for almost 2 years :|

Dan

TRENDING THREADS