Storage: Nokia 6230

Hi there,
just got my 6230 and was wondering about this: Where does my Nokia store
details of my contacts when I choose to use phone memory? Does it store it
on the phone or the Memory Card that ships with it?

My second question: is it better to choose to use the phone memory or phone
& sim?

Regards,
DeonH
5 answers Last reply
More about storage nokia 6230

    Hi

    On my 6230 I have duplicated the numbers from sim to phone, the chnaged
    the setting on the phone to just show those on the phone, I learnt the
    hard way last time a phone died on me it was good to have a copy on the
    sim too!!

    Lee

    It stores your contacts on the phone memory only. You can use MMC card for
    multimedia files only. Normally, SIM card allows to store only one phone
    number per contact and no other information (such as e-mails and/or postal
    address). Phone Memory allows to store much more additional information, but
    you are loosing all info from the phone's memory after reflashing.

    The best software for backing phonebook information up your PC is Oxygen
    Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Using our software you can store
    your Nokia 6230 also locally on your PC and transfer phonebook information
    from phone memory to the SIM card.

    You can download the latest free trial version of our software here:

    http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
    Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, Deon!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on 10 Jan 2005 14:26:42 GMT from
    address REMOVEdeon@sincro.co.za:

    >Hi there,
    >just got my 6230 and was wondering about this: Where does my Nokia
    >store
    >details of my contacts when I choose to use phone memory? Does it store
    >it
    >on the phone or the Memory Card that ships with it?

    >My second question: is it better to choose to use the phone memory or
    >phone
    >& sim?

    >Regards,
    >DeonH

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:55:18 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
    <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:

    FFS, HE DID NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR SOFTWARE

    STOP SPAMMING THIS NEWSGROUP support@oxygensoftware.com

    --

    Shevek

    Get DigiGuide - a downloadable desktop PC TV and Radio Guide
    http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=31493

    Get Firefox!

    "Shevek" <drshevekFOADSPAMMERS@FOADSPAMMERSgmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:55:18 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
    > <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:
    >
    > FFS, HE DID NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR SOFTWARE

    If their software solves his problem, I see no problem with Oxygen
    responding to tell him so.

    It's an alt. group - get over it.

    --
    Brian
    "Reality rarely lives up to TV, usually because reality has a smaller budget

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:37:04 -0000, "Brian Watson"
    <news@spheroid.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >"Shevek" <drshevekFOADSPAMMERS@FOADSPAMMERSgmail.com> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:55:18 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
    >> <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> FFS, HE DID NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR SOFTWARE
    >
    >If their software solves his problem, I see no problem with Oxygen
    >responding to tell him so.

    that's the point - The OPM software (which I bought a registered copy
    of incidently) has absolutely nothing to do with the OPs original
    question which was about handset functionality.

    --

    Shevek

    Get DigiGuide - a downloadable desktop PC TV and Radio Guide
    http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=31493

    Get Firefox!

Nokia Phones Storage Memory