  • Storage
  • Memory
Last response: in Brands
January 10, 2005 5:26:42 PM

Hi there,
just got my 6230 and was wondering about this: Where does my Nokia store
details of my contacts when I choose to use phone memory? Does it store it
on the phone or the Memory Card that ships with it?

My second question: is it better to choose to use the phone memory or phone
& sim?

Regards,
DeonH

More about : storage nokia 6230

Anonymous
a b G Storage
a b } Memory
January 10, 2005 7:58:34 PM

Hi

On my 6230 I have duplicated the numbers from sim to phone, the chnaged
the setting on the phone to just show those on the phone, I learnt the
hard way last time a phone died on me it was good to have a copy on the
sim too!!

Lee
Anonymous
a b G Storage
a b } Memory
January 10, 2005 11:55:18 PM

It stores your contacts on the phone memory only. You can use MMC card for
multimedia files only. Normally, SIM card allows to store only one phone
number per contact and no other information (such as e-mails and/or postal
address). Phone Memory allows to store much more additional information, but
you are loosing all info from the phone's memory after reflashing.

The best software for backing phonebook information up your PC is Oxygen
Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Using our software you can store
your Nokia 6230 also locally on your PC and transfer phonebook information
from phone memory to the SIM card.

You can download the latest free trial version of our software here:

http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, Deon!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on 10 Jan 2005 14:26:42 GMT from
address REMOVEdeon@sincro.co.za:

>Hi there,
>just got my 6230 and was wondering about this: Where does my Nokia
>store
>details of my contacts when I choose to use phone memory? Does it store
>it
>on the phone or the Memory Card that ships with it?

>My second question: is it better to choose to use the phone memory or
>phone
>& sim?

>Regards,
>DeonH
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b G Storage
a b } Memory
January 12, 2005 10:44:41 PM

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:55:18 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
<support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:

FFS, HE DID NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR SOFTWARE

STOP SPAMMING THIS NEWSGROUP support@oxygensoftware.com

--

Shevek

Get DigiGuide - a downloadable desktop PC TV and Radio Guide
http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=31493

Get Firefox!
a b G Storage
a b } Memory
January 13, 2005 9:37:04 AM

"Shevek" <drshevekFOADSPAMMERS@FOADSPAMMERSgmail.com> wrote in message
news:o gvau0dpgdce2ljoclr8g1tmn4nvcg1eqt@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:55:18 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
> <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:
>
> FFS, HE DID NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR SOFTWARE

If their software solves his problem, I see no problem with Oxygen
responding to tell him so.

It's an alt. group - get over it.

--
Brian
"Reality rarely lives up to TV, usually because reality has a smaller budget

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:37:04 -0000, "Brian Watson"
<news@spheroid.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>"Shevek" <drshevekFOADSPAMMERS@FOADSPAMMERSgmail.com> wrote in message
>news:o gvau0dpgdce2ljoclr8g1tmn4nvcg1eqt@4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:55:18 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
>> <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>> FFS, HE DID NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR SOFTWARE
>
>If their software solves his problem, I see no problem with Oxygen
>responding to tell him so.

that's the point - The OPM software (which I bought a registered copy
of incidently) has absolutely nothing to do with the OPs original
question which was about handset functionality.