1st Time Builder

kevindurant1

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
I just put together everything and the computer wont start at all. No beeps, No fans, I can see a green light on the motherboard when I turn on the power. Need some advice on how to go forward

Here is the specs.

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM R2.0 motherboard, Intel I3-3220 processor, 2x Corsair XMS3 4GB memory sticks, Toshiba 1TB HDD, Samsung 24x DVDRW, Ultra LSP550 PSU, Thermaltake MID-TOWER Case bundle

I hope I didnt mess up the CPU.

kevindurant1

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Sorry to sound like a beginner here. Im a little confused. Do I need to be at the point where the computer is actually turning on before I do this?. I am still stuck at powering on the system.

You'll have to download the flash utility using another computer. I was under the impression if you inserted the usb drive the board would boot up to it, but I may be wrong, or you could have another issue preventing a post screen. Here's an article on flashing: http://www.ehow.com/how_4885286_update-asus-bios.html. Hope it helps. Otherwise, you may want to get a cheap celeron g530 to flash and sell it later. Or, you should be able to ship it to asus and let them flash it for you. The bios chip is located between the sata ports, but I can't tell if you can remove it easily. Older boards had removable bios chips, and I bought a special tool to remove them. Asus might ship you a new bios chip, but it might be safer to just ship the whole board back.