AMD 4850 Driver issues

cerebros

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
Hello everyone> i am facing some problems with the HD4850 video card. I have hooked up the dvi cable and then tried to install the latest drivers using the auto detect tool from the amd website. Once installed i try to open the Catalyst Control Center but it gives me a message saying Catalyst control Center cannot be started. There are currently no settings that can be configured using Catalyst Control Center.
I have no idea what to do.
Dxdiag results in telling me n/a for display adapters.
Device manager shows HD4800 series with a yellow exclamation mark. Trying to update drivers using device manager results in it saying drivers are up to date but the exclamation mark still remains. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you and have a nice day.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Try downloading the driver without using the auto tool. But before you install it, uninstall your existing driver and reboot. Windows will load a generic driver for the display. You can either go ahead and install the new driver then, or... if you want to be absolute certain your system is clean of old driver files, run Driver Sweeper from safe mode. Have it remove any old Nvidia, AMD, and ATI graphic driver remnants it finds... then install the new driver.
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html

cerebros

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
Hey, forgot about this thread. After i posted the message . I did some googling. Uninstalled drivers through control panel . Cleaned up registry. Removed ATI/ AMD folders from appdata and program files.
Downloaded drivers from the manufacturer website. sapphire which were different from the latest ones at ati.
Restarted pc, installed drivers worked perfectly.
Thanks for the reply too.