Nvidia 9800gtx+ dvi-hdmi invalid format 42'' LG 42LG50 TV HELP!!

arpium

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
I've tried reinstalling graphics card software, every resolution from lowest to highest setting, disabling audio frequency through the dvi-hdmi connection to avoid video interruption, changing aspect ratio on my TV, swapping hdmi ports on tv and swapping between the two dvi outputs on my graphics card. I've left the TV and computer unplugged for 24 hours for a sure hardware reset on both. I've been digging through countless forums and have tried known possible solutions. I cannot see if the LG TV is HDCP compatible because I cannot see a display. I've rolled back to older software updates on the graphics card because I previously was able to use the 42'' LG TV as my display before this update occured but still no luck. I don't have another dvi-hdmi setup to display two monitors at once, I have it currently hooked up to a 32'' samsung which is working perfectly on any possible setting, both TVS are full 1080p capable. The TV recognizes the HDMI ports being used as it goes from NO SIGNAL to INVALID format on all settings. I am looking for some much needed advice please help me.

Computer Specs: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 Based

Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Gigabyte Motherboard Intel R CoreTM2 Quad CPU @ 2.66Ghz, 2667 MHZ, 4 cores, 4 Logical
Processors

Physical Memory 8G, Virtual Memory 16G

Nvidia 9800gtx+ GPU

jrinncs

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012

I have the same problem when using nvidia video cards.My operating system is windows 7 64 bit,LG 42" 1080P LCD Monitor,Asus AMD motherboard.I tried two nvidia video cards(GT 240 & 430).The only two solutions I've found is to change your operating system to Ubuntu or replace your video card to AMD.

If you don't see the LG TV connected to the GeForce 9800 GTX+ graphics card's DVI port in the NVIDIA Control Panel you're not going to succeed in getting it to work.

Are you plugging in the LG TV to the primary DVI port on the graphics card?

Is the TV turned on before you power on the computer?

Does the TV display the computer's POST screen?

arpium

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012

The adapter was in theory going "bad" even though it was completely 100% compatible with the Samsung I used for temporary display. I bought a new adapter for $30, and blammm!! my 42'' LG TV is displaying beautiful picture.