Max Payne

FatBurger

Illustrious
Any ideas?
Umm...get the source code and change what you don't like?
What are you asking?

<font color=green>They may take our lives, but they will never take our freedom!</font color=green>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
"any ideas??"

Sure, but only one is really applicable here.

Take your SD2 protected original Max Payne disk, and turn it so the recorded side is face up. Set it inside your 1000 Watt microwave, hit the 'quick-minute' button, and after 3 sec. has elapsed, turn off the microwave.

You now have a rather nifty coaster, or a decorative to hang from you rear view mirror.

Well. Solved that problem.

Next.

<font color=blue>I hacked Msft, and all I got was this lousy source code.....</font color=blue>

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
do we not like max payne? i was gonna get it this weekend, and still will. just wondering what the buzz is... i've actually only heard good things myself. im looking forward to red faction and return to wolfenstein myself.

...and i would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids...

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I have it, and have played maybe 1/2 through it. The bullet time, and the 'follow through' with the bullets/victim is neat. Matrix was a good influence.

It's REALLY violent. I don't like the 'plot' all that much. But, that's what people like nowadays...........
Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying do away with violent games. I'm just saying I don't enjoy it as much as some people.

Overall, It's definately worth playing once. And if you like it, play it again :smile: .

<font color=blue>I hacked Msft, and all I got was this lousy source code.....</font color=blue>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Yep. Deus Ex rules. I've only played halfway through that one too....

Dunno about DE2. Maybe early next year, Feburary?

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Max Payne is a cool game. I bought it a week ago and passed it already. The bullet time thing is really neat, and some of the cinematic shots are pretty cool too (the door exploding in part one is really neat).

I've had my fun with it though. Gonna get some cheat codes and have some fun now.

Lyrics. Wasted time between solos.

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
im in agreement w/your sig..... i just bought a zakk wylde bullseye custom les paul. no lyrics needed.

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Ha! No kidding eh? That's a nice piece of hardware you got there. I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with the Heritage Cherry Sunburst finish as well as a Gibson 490R humbucker waiting for me at my local music store, and 498T humbucker on order. This setup is to replace my Epiphone LP Studio a la Joe Perry. I'd get an authentic Gibson if I could afford one, but this should be close enough that no one will be able to tell by the sound.

G

The "plot" is a joke, its poorly written (when Im making fun of film noirs I talk like that), the bullet time feature is cool, but gets borring really fast, the AI is a joke, they simply spawn when you enter a room and try to kill you, much like Serious Sam in that respect...
I could go on but...
It took me a weekend to beat, Im ashamed that I was so hyped about it.

I no longer wish to belong to the kind of club that accepts people like me as members - Groucho Marx

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
oh yeah, the thing is a joke, its so cool.... sounds like you are building yourself a nice little arsenal of sound too.

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Yep. I fell in love with guitars once I saw and played the Les Pauls. I'd messed around with them before, but never really loved them. What do you use for amplification? I'd like to get a Marshall or Gibson Goldtone amp, but $$$ and being a student don't really mix. I'm just playing through my SB Live! and out to my tower speakers that are hooked up to my stereo amp right now. It works really well actually.

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
i've got one of the 5150 II's.... very nice. $1200 w/cab brand new, so not too bad compared to others.. i have a sb live platinum.... do you plug right into the ir drive? how do you get distortion? do you record on your computer? i have cubase, b/c it came with the card but there are no tutorials or anything... id really like to do some recording.

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I plug into the line in on my SB Live MP3+ 5.1. I get awesome distortion and reverb (and a million other effects) by using the EAX presets on the Live. It's all in the creative Launcher, then EAX presets, then you can add about 5 different kinds of distortion, 50 reverb presets, wah effects, echos, chorus effects, flanging effects. It's cool.

I just record some very simple licks with the creative recorder and edit them with wave studio. It works well enough for me.

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
i cant this damn thing to work at all.... i plug right into the line drive and nothing. it would sure help if creative gave out manuals with their software.... i have all this crap and no idea how to use it.

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Make sure it's in the line in, and then go to the creative launcher (usually at the top of your desktop), and find the surround mixer dialogue. Make sure that the line in in the mixer is selected as on, and that the volume is up (80% or more).

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Okay, I picked up my Heritage Cherry Les Paul and OMG it's gorgeous. The finish is nicer than any I've ever seen, including the real Gibsons. I'm still waiting on the new humbuckers though, but it sounds pretty good as it is.