Technology advanced car?

torcator

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
So in a couple of months my lease ends. I currently drive a 2011 VW CC, but I was thinking on getting a better car.
But I really don't care to get a faster or more powerful (horse power) car.

I don't drive so much (did 15k miles in 2 years), but I want a really confortable car, and technology advanced.
So for example... I've seen cars with ipad mounted on them, is there any one that come with that from factory?

I'd like to the idea of an electric, but unfortunately florida is not ready for that yet.
and for my short experience I didn't like hybrid at all.

So what do you suggest?

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
What's your budget? That's going to really dictate what your options are. If you're interested in something around the same price as the CC then engine wise the Mazda CX-5 has a 14:1 compression ratio which is very impressive. In a higher price bracket with more high tech electronics I'd do an A4 or an E series. The Lexus GS is pretty good as well. Avoid the fords with sync as there have been a lot of problems with it. The GM versions have had their issues as well.

torcator

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
I'm going to lease it, so I can go higher...

Do you really think that the A4 is better? I think it's similar in terms of car technology and features to CC.
may be I could go with a A5.

I'll check right now the Lexus gs.

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
Rented a loaded Taurus for a bit and hated it. The SHO is quick but I think there are too many other little problems with the car. It just didn't feel polished and done properly and in that price range there are many better options.

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
I found the Taurus didn't really know what it wanted to be. For instance the suspension was soft but the car had low profile tire so the body moved quite a bit while tires made me feel every bump. The electronics were kind of cool and would seem more in place in a sportier car and yet the seats had no support and felt like a highway cruiser. The interior felt cheap and rushed together. It wasn't a bad car but after getting out of a mazda6 to that there was no comparison. It just felt like they wanted to to be everything for everyone and in doing that did nothing really well. There is just too many other better options out there. I haven't been in a SHO yet so it might bet much better than what I drove. Especially as it is more performance orientated so should have better seats and suspension which were two big gripes I had.

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
The ST Focus looks like a really fun car. That is a car Ford got right. I'm also excited for the new aluminium body F150 trucks. I might trade my jeep in for one if I like it. I actually just ordered my new service truck today, a 2015 Chevy 3500. Lets see if it'll last longer than my '08 Dodge which is falling apart after 200k miles. My '05 dodge has 310k miles on it and it's still going strong.

nuvola95

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
I believe that the best cars available on the market today are electric ones, such as the Nissan Leaf or the Chevrolet Volt, because they reduce the environmental pollution and the dependence on oil. In addition, today we have not only electric cars, but also professional electric vehicles (such as ATX alke) that can be employed in all working sectors.

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
The big problem with electric cars is while they do produce much less pollutants while being used the production of them are way worse than nearly every other car. Nobody ever counts the production of the vehicle when trying to be environmentally friendly.