Getting Educated IT- Wise

gumb0

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Greetings people

Got my A+ N+ and half a B.Com. Been doing alot of research and searching around into the various IT qualifications. Theres alot to choose from and many many streams. I've mainly been looking at Microsoft and Cisco, especially Microsoft. I'm planning to homestudy so I can continue to work and most colleges charge over the top fees for mediocre classes. Basically at the end of the day the best info comes from people in the industry so I'd appreciate any advice, information and experience any of you IT professionals can give.

Also if any of you can recommend any worthwhile text books/study guides to buy and where.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ender2003

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
For the Microsoft stuff, you are probably best to just get the official Microsoft MCITP study guides. They are rather large blue books that have the number of the exam that they relate to on them.

If you want to hit Cisco, then ExamCram has some great study guides that I have used. Best place to get any of those books would probably be either Amazon or eBay. Bookstores are a crapshoot because the books/tests get updated pretty frequently and it can be difficult to find the right version.