BF2 single player maps large also?

Are the single player maps of the full version of BF2 the same as the
multiplayer maps or are they small like the demo?
11 answers Last reply
More about single player maps large also

    Lou left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > Are the single player maps of the full version of BF2 the same as the
    > multiplayer maps or are they small like the demo?

    All the single player maps seem to use the 16 player versions.
    --
    Stoneskin

    [Insert sig text here]

    "Stoneskin" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
    > Lou left a note on my windscreen which said:
    >
    >> Are the single player maps of the full version of BF2 the same as the
    >> multiplayer maps or are they small like the demo?
    >
    > All the single player maps seem to use the 16 player versions.
    > --
    > Stoneskin
    >
    > [Insert sig text here]

    Does that mean smaller maps(same map but smaller restricted play area) and
    no aircraft also?
    It is easy to add more bots, but if the map area is smaller then that's a
    lot harder to change.

    Lou

    http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/BattleField_2_32_Bots_On_Singleplayer_MiniMod;43597#Download

    --

    need wallpaper? Need computer help? Have a question about?
    ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-);-)

    Stoneskin wrote:
    > Lou left a note on my windscreen which said:
    >

    >>Are the single player maps of the full version of BF2 the same as the
    >>multiplayer maps or are they small like the demo?
    >

    > All the single player maps seem to use the 16 player versions.

    You can create a local server, then you can play the larger versions.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:06:17 +0200, Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen
    <nospam@nospam.no> wrote:

    >You can create a local server, then you can play the larger versions.

    With bots?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Andrew wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:06:17 +0200, Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen
    > <nospam@nospam.no> wrote:
    >
    >>You can create a local server, then you can play the larger versions.
    >
    > With bots?

    To be honest, I don't know. I tried just starting a large map, to look
    around. I assume so, you could in BF42 and BFV. I am going to test it
    later tonight ;-)

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Achtung Ecco" <nospam@spam.no> wrote in message
    > Andrew wrote:
    >> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:06:17 +0200, Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen
    >> <nospam@nospam.no> wrote:
    >>
    >>>You can create a local server, then you can play the larger versions.
    >> With bots?
    >
    > To be honest, I don't know. I tried just starting a large map, to look
    > around. I assume so, you could in BF42 and BFV. I am going to test it
    > later tonight ;-)
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Achtung Ecco

    You cant in the demo. It will say "Waiting for other player before the game
    starts" and no bots.
    I don't know why they would set it at 16 bots for single player and no other
    option. I modded the demo single player and can play fine with 40
    bots(Althlon 64 3400, 1GB). Maybe the bots get dumber with too many in the
    game, but they seem to play the same to me. They fly aircraft fairly well
    also.

    Lou
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "LUCID" <luciddreaming6@comcast.net> wrote in message

    http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/BattleField_2_32_Bots_On_Singleplayer
    _MiniMod;43597#Download

    > --

    /cricket claps

    Kirby

    > need wallpaper? Need computer help? Have a question about?
    > ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-);-)
    > ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
    > http://luciddreaming.no-ip.com/forum/

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "LUCID" <luciddreaming6@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/BattleField_2_32_Bots_On_Singleplayer_MiniMod;43597#Download

    All that does is spawn 32 bots on the 16 player maps, it doesn't let you run
    the larger versions of the maps in SP :(

    Dan
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Lou left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > >> Are the single player maps of the full version of BF2 the same as the
    > >> multiplayer maps or are they small like the demo?
    > >
    > > All the single player maps seem to use the 16 player versions.
    >
    > Does that mean smaller maps(same map but smaller restricted play area) and
    > no aircraft also?
    > It is easy to add more bots, but if the map area is smaller then that's a
    > lot harder to change.

    I stand to be corrected but...

    I belive it is possible in the demo to modify it to allow not only a
    higher number of bots but also the 32 player map. If this is the case I
    don't see it being any more difficult to do so in the full game.

    There are 2 problems with this - firstly the bots will not have the
    correct pathing for the larger map versions so I would expect them to
    sometimes get very confused and not play well. Secondly I have no idea
    if these modifications would be picked up by punkbuster as 'impure'
    files leaving you unable to play on PB enabled multiplayer servers.

    Incidentally some 16 player maps do have aircraft which the bots do fly
    properly. I think.
    --
    Stoneskin

    [Insert sig text here]
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:00:32 +0100, Stoneskin <no@thanks.com> wrote:

    >There are 2 problems with this - firstly the bots will not have the
    >correct pathing for the larger map versions so I would expect them to
    >sometimes get very confused and not play well. Secondly I have no idea
    >if these modifications would be picked up by punkbuster as 'impure'
    >files leaving you unable to play on PB enabled multiplayer servers.

    The mods do stop you playing on standard servers, you have to put the
    original files back before playing online.

Multiplayer Games Video Games