Nokia 6230, playlist.

I really like this phone, but I can not make up a playlist of music using
tracks on the mem card. This means I can only play these tracks 1 at a
time, which is a pain!

Seems to me that the phones memory won't hold much music, so what's the pint
of a playlist for tracks in the phone?

I have firmware 4.44

Am I missing something?
3 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6230 playlist

    tony d wrote:

    > so what's the pint
    > of a playlist for tracks in the phone?
    >
    > I have firmware 4.44 > Am I missing something?

    The MMC playlist support of this phone is not yet fully developed.
    Rumor has it that the next firmware release fixes that. Still, you can
    do it, although it is somewhat tedious.

    Here is how I make playlists for the MMC card:

    I copy my MP3s to the MMC using an MMC card reader. Both the Infrared
    and the DKU-2 are too damn slow. Then I put the MMC back into the phone
    and connect it through IR or cable.

    1. Start up nokia PC suite V. 6.41, Audio Manager.
    2. Create an *empty* playlist file on your PC, say, "all-my-music.m3u".
    The notepad editor is one way to do this.
    3. Use the file/search menu to locate the empty playlist file.
    4. Drag the empty playlist file from the "music studio" window to the
    "mobile Phone" window.
    5. open the playlist folder in the Mobile Phone window
    6. right-click on the empty playlist file and select the "add" function

    the rest is self-explanatory - you may now add any number of MP3s from
    your MMC card to the playlist file.

    mobimb has a playlist editor
    and i know for sure that files in the root of the mmc show up in the default
    "all tracks" playlist... not sure about those in folders.

    "tony d" <webmail.deeney@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >I really like this phone, but I can not make up a playlist of music using
    > tracks on the mem card. This means I can only play these tracks 1 at a
    > time, which is a pain!
    >
    > Seems to me that the phones memory won't hold much music, so what's the
    > pint
    > of a playlist for tracks in the phone?
    >
    > I have firmware 4.44
    >
    > Am I missing something?

    Thanks,

    Not a simple solution, but it works.

    :)

    Tony D

    "Greg N." <yodel_dodel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > tony d wrote:
    >
    >> so what's the pint
    >> of a playlist for tracks in the phone?
    >>
    >> I have firmware 4.44 > Am I missing something?
    >
    > The MMC playlist support of this phone is not yet fully developed. Rumor
    > has it that the next firmware release fixes that. Still, you can do it,
    > although it is somewhat tedious.
    >
    > Here is how I make playlists for the MMC card:
    >
    > I copy my MP3s to the MMC using an MMC card reader. Both the Infrared and
    > the DKU-2 are too damn slow. Then I put the MMC back into the phone and
    > connect it through IR or cable.
    >
    > 1. Start up nokia PC suite V. 6.41, Audio Manager.
    > 2. Create an *empty* playlist file on your PC, say, "all-my-music.m3u".
    > The notepad editor is one way to do this.
    > 3. Use the file/search menu to locate the empty playlist file.
    > 4. Drag the empty playlist file from the "music studio" window to the
    > "mobile Phone" window.
    > 5. open the playlist folder in the Mobile Phone window
    > 6. right-click on the empty playlist file and select the "add" function
    >
    > the rest is self-explanatory - you may now add any number of MP3s from
    > your MMC card to the playlist file.

Nokia Phones Music