Sign in with
Your question

Black screen after boot-up with new HD 7750

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 15, 2012 2:45:17 PM

Hey guys, my HTPC setup was running pretty smoothly until a couple of days ago. I tried searching for a fix but to no avail. My vid card (HD 4850) randomly stopped sending a signal/picture to my TV (HDMI), and after tinkering for a while I said screw it and ordered a HD 7750. I installed the new card yesterday and everything seemed to be running smoothly at first, but I went to start up chrome or something and my tv screen goes black. The TV wasn't giving me the 'weak/no signal' message like I was getting with my old 4580, this time I'm just staring at a black screen. This requires a hard shut down, and the system will restart just fine, but when it gets to my desktop it switches to a black screen after 2-3 seconds or so.

I assumed this was a driver conflict so I uninstalled catalyst control center, drivers, and removed the card from device manager. I booted to safe mode and ran guru's driver sweeper, which picked up some old stuff that I deleted as well. I then reboot, reinstall drivers via the factory cd, and restart upon completion. System reboots just fine, brings up my desktop at a nice high res, and boom, black screen again.

I have no issues in safe mode, and I've since tried the 12.7 beta drivers with the same results. Is there a setting conflict that I may be overlooking? After the original install I was getting 1920x1080 resolution by default and my PC knew it was connected to my receiver, so I though all was well! Here are my specs:

Win 7 64, C2D E8400, 8gb ram, P35-DS3-R mobo
Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
Samsung 50" DLP + Denon AVR all connected via HDMI

More about : black screen boot 7750

October 15, 2012 6:24:20 PM

u tried the last vga driver updates
and black screen issue not alwayes caused by vga
some times because of RAM
or heavy loaded system (huge number of installed programs )
so unplug rams and clean them and their slots
and uninstall all un useful programs

m
l
October 15, 2012 9:44:00 PM

I'm not sure I'm following on the VGA driver part, I've tried the latest catalyst drivers along with 12.7 and whatever came with the cd. All had the same result. I tried re-seating the RAM and surprisingly the desktop stayed up for a good 15 seconds or so, only to switch to a black screen. It stayed up long enough for me to confirm it was at 1920x1080 res connected to my Denon AVR.
m
l
Related resources
October 15, 2012 10:01:49 PM

from where you bought the HD 7750
and how much price
m
l
October 16, 2012 5:27:35 PM

I bought it on Amazon for about $100. Looks like it'll be going back as I can't seem to figure this problem out.
m
l
!