Black screen after boot-up with new HD 7750

mw182006

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
Hey guys, my HTPC setup was running pretty smoothly until a couple of days ago. I tried searching for a fix but to no avail. My vid card (HD 4850) randomly stopped sending a signal/picture to my TV (HDMI), and after tinkering for a while I said screw it and ordered a HD 7750. I installed the new card yesterday and everything seemed to be running smoothly at first, but I went to start up chrome or something and my tv screen goes black. The TV wasn't giving me the 'weak/no signal' message like I was getting with my old 4580, this time I'm just staring at a black screen. This requires a hard shut down, and the system will restart just fine, but when it gets to my desktop it switches to a black screen after 2-3 seconds or so.

I assumed this was a driver conflict so I uninstalled catalyst control center, drivers, and removed the card from device manager. I booted to safe mode and ran guru's driver sweeper, which picked up some old stuff that I deleted as well. I then reboot, reinstall drivers via the factory cd, and restart upon completion. System reboots just fine, brings up my desktop at a nice high res, and boom, black screen again.

I have no issues in safe mode, and I've since tried the 12.7 beta drivers with the same results. Is there a setting conflict that I may be overlooking? After the original install I was getting 1920x1080 resolution by default and my PC knew it was connected to my receiver, so I though all was well! Here are my specs:

Win 7 64, C2D E8400, 8gb ram, P35-DS3-R mobo
Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
Samsung 50" DLP + Denon AVR all connected via HDMI

profkefah

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2012
u tried the last vga driver updates
and black screen issue not alwayes caused by vga
some times because of RAM
or heavy loaded system (huge number of installed programs )
so unplug rams and clean them and their slots
and uninstall all un useful programs

mw182006

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
I'm not sure I'm following on the VGA driver part, I've tried the latest catalyst drivers along with 12.7 and whatever came with the cd. All had the same result. I tried re-seating the RAM and surprisingly the desktop stayed up for a good 15 seconds or so, only to switch to a black screen. It stayed up long enough for me to confirm it was at 1920x1080 res connected to my Denon AVR.

TRENDING THREADS