nokia 9500 WiFi Problem

Last response: in Brands
January 11, 2005 4:20:03 AM

Dear All,

Please help me how to solve the wifi problem in my nokia 9500. my 9500
may detect the wifi spot Linksys WRT54GS, but when i put-in the WEP key
data, the 9500 said it is an invalid WEP key.

WEP key index: 1
WEP key lenght: 104 bits
WEP key mode: ASCII
WEP key data: 1234567890

i saw the WEP key data provided by Linksys is only 10 digits but the
form on 9500 is 13 digits, so i think this is why the 9500 said it is
an invalid WEP key data.

So please help me how to solve this problem, as i need to connect my
9500 wifi to the office wifi spot.

Thank you.
Balikoi

--
balikoi
January 12, 2005 3:43:57 PM

balikoi wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> i saw the WEP key data provided by Linksys is only 10 digits but the
> form on 9500 is 13 digits, so i think this is why the 9500 said it is
> an invalid WEP key data.

Check whether the key is in HEX or in ASCII... It needs to be the same both
places or you will have to convert it.

Zulu
!