Solved

How's this build?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r7G5

That's the computer I am planning on building in several months. I want to know if there's anything I can get different (cheaper). The only thing I want to keep for 100% the same is the Graphics card and the Storage. I would like to decrease the price to around $1500, but I'm not a pro at building gaming computers so that's why I'm posting here. :P

Thanks.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build
  1. I'd get the 3770k over the 3820. According to ze benchmarks, the 3770k outperforms it.
  2. What is this for?
  3. Deemo13 said:
    What is this for?

It's for gaming, I intend this to last for 3-5 years of upcoming games.
  4. Then get the i5-3570K instead. The i7 is an extra $100 for literally no performance games. The i5 will last just as long as the i7 will.
  5. Deemo13 said:
    Then get the i5-3570K instead. The i7 is an extra $100 for literally no performance games. The i5 will last just as long as the i7 will.

Will it be compatible with the other parts I've chosen?
  6. Best answer
    You would have to change the motherboard to a Z77.

Also, in terms of the graphics card, the 680 is only 5% faster than the 670, so the 680 is not worth the extra $100.

That being said, the 7970 Radeon out-performs both cards.

You will probably also want the low profile Corsair Vengeance, as your cooler might restrict the height of your RAM.
  7. Best answer selected by TheLemur.
  8. Thanks for the tips, I don't know about the 670 because I've watched a few videos on it and in games like Planetside 2 it seems to be 10-20 fps lower than the 680. I might be wrong.
  9. Well, Planetside 2 is not very well optimized for anything. It would run worse than a 7970 would, but I try to play Planetside 2 on all high and barely get 40fps.

And not to brag, but my rig is pretty awesome. Its just the game really.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems