No one has been able to answer this straightforward question

mancid rilk

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
I'm an avid Company of Heroes fan and was really excited to play it on my 46" Samsung D6000 model TV until I actually attempted it. For some reason when I play COH at 1920x1080, the TV goes into a film mode and displays at 24p, which as you guessed forces 24FPS or 23.997 according to the in game benchmark, ha. The game runs at 60p in windowed mode, but that can only be activated when I hit the windows key to view something on the desktop and immediately goes back to full screen upon resuming my game.

I talked to Samsung on the phone and they claim it's on the game's end. .which is strange because there is no 24p option in any menu. I switched from a Radeon 6950 to a Geforce GTX 670 because I heard about an Nvidia option to force resolutions and frame rates (please let me know if you feel that would work and how in this situation) but I couldn't manage that either.

Another avenue i'd like to explore is how to change the game launch options to force a windowed mode 100% of the time, any thoughts on that route would be appreciated as well.

I'm really frustrated with this and would ultra appreciate a solution, the 24 frame problem is much worse than just a low frame rate, it makes the game unplayable because of syncing issues and massive screen tearing.

-I'm using the latest HDMI cables
-This post has been unanswered for over a year on both this forum and anandtech
-Samsung tech support claims that the game is forcing this resolution which is doubtful considering it didn't exist in 06' especially in PC games

peterp01

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
That Samsung tech you where speaking with is an idiot. Anyway just checked the manual for your TV and it looks like there is something called "Film Mode" and "Auto Motion Plus". Turn both of them off for the HDMI connection that you are using for your PC.

There is also an option called "PC mode", if you can turn it on for the PC connection, do so. But from what I gather from the manual it does not work with HDMI or DVI.

manual link:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201103/20110324091218633/%5BENG_US%5DGSATSCA-1017.pdf

Good Luck and happy gaming!

Well I do not think it is the game as I can play it just fine at 60fps on my Panasonic 50" 3D Plasma. Running it on a AMD FX-8120 with 8gig ram and a Sapphire HD 6950>6970 oh and though CCC you can set up custom resolutions and refresh rates just food for thought that is not limited to Nvidia.