Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 15, 2012 11:16:28 PM

Hi Guys,

I have an odd issue that i cant seem to figure out.

So here's the deal, I am running a GTX 670 which has a Samsung monitor connected to its Display port connector. That's all fine and dandy, however when i connect my tv to the DVI out connecter and then restart my computer, it defaults to displaying on the tv and nothing is displayed on the monitor.

So I end up having to go into the nvidia control panel and change the settings to make the monitor the default display....

Another reboot later and exactly the same thing happens.

Now the only thing I haven't checked, is to see if there is an option in the bios for default display output or something.

Any thoughts?

(p.s, I am one version behind on the drivers, which i plan to update when i get home from work)

Thanks in advance.

More about : duel display issue

October 15, 2012 11:32:54 PM

The main connector is for DVI. You will have to switch it in windows and Nvidias control panel.
m
l
October 15, 2012 11:51:55 PM

maestro0428 said:
The main connector is for DVI. You will have to switch it in windows and Nvidias control panel.

Hi mate, thanks for the reply. So from what i can gather from your post, I need to change the default connection type to display port in windows and nvidia control panel? Is this a different setting to just telling it which monitor to output to as your main monitor? Because i have already done that.....

m
l
!