Installing new RTCW (Single Player) Maps

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I'm trying to install a couple of RTCW single player maps but the
instructions keep reading like:
(1) copy the pk3-map file in to your RtCW path main/
-> OK, this is easy

(2)Start the map from console with: /spdevmap enigma
-> What's this???

I'm working on windows. Thanks.

- VH

"Olumide" wrote:
> I'm trying to install a couple of RTCW single player maps but the
> instructions keep reading like:
> (1) copy the pk3-map file in to your RtCW path main/
> -> OK, this is easy
>
> (2)Start the map from console with: /spdevmap enigma
> -> What's this???

To bring down the console press the tilde key (~) (it's just to the left of the "1"
key) then enter the "/spdevmap enigma" thingy.

Jon

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Thanks Jon :) .

Is there some way of automating this say with a batch script command or
something? (I downloaded a few of these maps and I dont want to type wierd
commands to start up each one.

Thanks,

Sola

"Olumide" wrote:
> Thanks Jon :) .
>
> Is there some way of automating this say with a batch script command or
> something? (I downloaded a few of these maps and I dont want to type wierd
> commands to start up each one.

Hehe, well some maps come with their own .bat file, but for the rest of them you just
type </spmap "mapname"> (without the quotes or the brackets) . You can make your own
..bat file for each map if you want to, though.

Once you are in the game, just save the game; the next time you start up wolf, go to
that save point and you will be in that map. I did that for enigma and for most of
the other maps (there are a couple of SP maps that have their own "save" directory,
but those ones usually come with their own .bat file to point the game in the right
place.

BTW, TimeGate and AloneAtWar are really good add-ons for SP action.

Jon