My Monitor Only Works in Safe Mode

SkaminTraX

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Hello everyone,
after trying different attempts to fix it im really frustrated, this are my specs

Intel Core I5-2500K
8gb Ram Corsair Vengeance
Asus P8Z68 V- Pro
Corsair H80
Sapphire Radeon 6850 1gb
Corsair TX650 V2
1TB Western Digital + M4 Crucial 64Gb (Intel SRT)
250GB Samsung
Dell ST2010 20" Inch monitor (used with my pc always)

Today i cleaned my pc. removed the gpu to take all dust (using static bracelet) and making sure everything was save, i cleaned it as i always normally and when i plugged my pc and boot it, everything was good no problems at all. The same day i clean it up i was using my pc with no problems but when i started a game (League of Legends) for some reason the monitor freezes and the pc restarted. After that my pc wont boot in Normal Mode. Ive tried different things such as removed and reseated the GPU, Booted into safe mode, uninstalled all drivers and all display adapter drivers in the device manager. Rebooted and let windows reinstall them. Also re-downloaded and installed drivers, restored from the last day i installed something in it, putting my gpu in a different slot to see if it works (it does, looks like it was safe mode)

I really dont know what can i do now.. please i need help!
Any help is appreciated, thanks

If your screen lists something about out of range or similar, maybe you can enable low resolution or VGA mode from the F8 menu that you use to get to safe mode.

If you have another system to test in, it may be worth making sure the card is not at fault as even the best things can break. The card works differently once the drivers load then it does without them.

SkaminTraX

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Nope it doesnt list something about of out of range (have used this monitor always), and sadly i do not have another system to use to test my video card and see if its broken or not :/

dingo07

Distinguished
I would do this... Shut down and remove GPU, boot into Safe Mode and remove the video device if it's in Device Manager, then remove all drivers

Boot off the on-board video and install drivers for the GPU

Install GPU and run either 3DMark 11 or Heaven 3 benchmark

SkaminTraX

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011

This didnt work for me. After removing the drivers i could enter in normal mode but after installing them again the screen goes black

You have almost no chance of using the wrong drivers(the full 5-6-7 series are all in one driver package as well). they just do not install if they are the wrong ones(unless you forced them).

So even with the main card removed and connecting to the onboard you get nothing.

If at least the onboard worked, I would say your dedicated card may be the problem.

If onboard works, then chances are the dedicated card is failing. After all, you have tried drivers for the dedicated and it always ends up not working right.

You are almost going to have to get that dedicated card tested in another system.

You can try to boot off the onboard and in the bios set it as the default card(as opposed to auto or PCI-E). Then reinstall the dedicated card get to windows on the working onboard card and see what the device manager says about your dedicated card(any errors or whatnot). If it all looks good, swap the monitor cable over. Windows will auto detect this change. If it fails, chances are you can go back to the onboard again for more testing.