New Build Spontaneously Shutting Down, PSU Issue?

williamsne1

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
I have currently built a new rig,

Rosewill THOR V2 Gaming ATX Full Tower Case
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Mobo
AMD FX-8150 3.6 CPU
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Cooler
G Skill Ripjaws X Series 16Gb 1866 Memory (2 Sticks)
EVGA Nvidia GTX 550 ti GPU x2 (SLI)
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
LITE-ON H/H Internal BD Writer
Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-S-B 850W PSU

After building this rig the PSU fan led would flicker and the unit would make a clicking noise then the PC would shut down. I RMA'd the unit thinking that it was a short or bad capacitor. After receiving and installing the replacement, I noticed the same issue, but the led flicker was in sync with the cases front panel HDD light. I unpluged the FP light from the Mobo and all seemed great for about a week. After closing out a game Tuesday night, the PSU started its flicker and clicking again, and shortly after the PC shut down again. I'm not sure whats going on here any help would be greatly appreciated. It almost sounds like a strain on the PSU, but 850W should be plenty if my calculations are correct.

williamsne1

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
This morning I took the PC apart, and rebuilt it. I found that the HDD SATA power connector was slightly unseated. I made sure all connections were properly seated when rebuilding and attempted to recreate the setting of the last shutdown. As of this morning all seemed right as rain. Time will tell if that was the issue, as I had been on the PC nearly all day at the time of last shutdown. Anyway thank you gentelman for the assistance, hope this was the fix I was looking for.