Sign in with
Your question

Rosewill RNX-N300X Wireless LAN PCI Card problem

Last response: in Networking
November 26, 2011 3:39:01 AM

I've finished my first PC build! It's awesome except... I'm having problems with the wireless LAN card I got for it.

Its a Rosewill RNX-N300X PCI card.

It can connect to the internet... but when I'm connected to my network, something really frustrating happens.

Every few seconds my computer freezes for a moment, and its really frustrating.

Is there a way to solve this problem? I know Rosewill isn't a good brand (originally I ordered a Rosewill power supply for my PC, but it failed after a day, so I got a Corsair one that works great now) but I didn't know that when I got the parts. And there must be some way to make it stop freezing. The only way I can make it stop freezing is by disconnecting from my network. But then I can't access internet, so that's pointless.

November 26, 2011 4:03:35 AM

Ok, so it turns out the solution was installing drivers. Now it doesn't freeze...

but now the connection is REAAALY slow. Incredibly slow. I am pretty far from my router but right now I'm on my laptop (Inspiron 1420), sitting right next to my new desktop I built, but I have much faster connection (it still shows two 'bars' on the connection thing, but I can load google.com in 3 seconds. My new build loads google in nearly half a minute.

Is there any possible way to fix this? I'd think something with 3 big antennae would have decent connection...
m
l
!