Monitor native resolution changed with new computer?

Hello,
I previous was using a Viore LC37VF55 LCD TV with my Dell Dimension 8400 (which I had upgraded with a eVGA GeForce 8600GT. When I use that computer, my monitor shows in the NVIDIA Control Panel as "1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native)" which me and my wife love. The text is crisp.

I just built a computer that is using the exact same Viore LC37VF55 LCD TV, but the new rig is custom built and uses an eVGA GeForce GTX650. When I use this new computer, my monitor shows in the NVIDIA Control Panel as "720p, 1280 x 720 (native)" which me and my wife dislike. The text is blurry. I used the "Adjust desktop size and position" to set the size of up to 1842 x 1036. That looks best, but the text is still below the crispness of the old computer.

I also want to add that I'm using a DVI (connects to video card) to HDMI (connects to TV) cable.

How can we fix this? I just built the computer, and I used the newest video drivers from the eVGA web site on Sunday. Should I load older drivers? What other suggestions can you give to fix this problem?
5 answers Last reply
More about monitor native resolution changed computer
  1. Try loading the newest drivers straight from nvidia. Manufacturer drivers aren't always the best.
  2. I checked and version 306.97 is the driver version listed on both the eVGA driver web site and the NVIDIA web site.

I tried loaded the NVIDIA drivers despite my doubts. Unforunately that course of action didn't work. The driver "update" did not fix the native resolution.
  3. Well if it doesn't help, sorry. That's a rather unusual problem. :/
    Did you try looking in the default Windows screen management thing?
    (Right-Click Desktop>Screen Resolution)

It may just be the fact that it's a newer card, and decent drivers haven't _quite_ come out yet.
  4. I did try using the Screen Resolution settings built into Windows 7 Ultimate. In fact I tried that before I delved into the NVIDA control panel. I didn't realize that this card was only released last month until just now. I never intended to be an early adopter. :(
  5. Well sorry. It's a good card either way. Just give it some time. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Computer Monitors Graphics