I have purchased 16Gb of RAM and when I boot my PC windows is freezes after the message: Loading Operating System.
When it first boots the new ram is recognised and show as memory.
Could it be to do with:
1. The overclocking? When I check my bios its all set to auto.
2. Graphics card with the built ram?
Specification: OS: Microsoft Windows 7 64bit Professional Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2
I purchased this as bundle: CCL Eclipse Cobra Motherboard Bundle - Intel Core i3-540 Overclocked to 4.0GHz
Cooler - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Quiet Cooler Graphics - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550Ti AMP! Edition 1GB RAM - Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C10 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
This shows my current ram:
I have been reading the other posts on here and have tried:
1. reset the bios by removing the watch style battery for 5mins, makes no difference apart from reset the system time.
2. This is actually my second set of ram, after sending the first back thinking it was faulty
3. tried to boot with just 1 - 4gb stick and this causes a constant loop of restart before it gets to the loading operating system.
4. When I put my old ram back in, everything works.
5. Contacting all of my local computer shops who know nothing about over clocking and refuse to help.
where'd you buy it from? and what are the DIMM specs on those kit modules.
the constant reboot is due to the ram settings being off...go into bios and manually input the DIMM specs(found on the sticker/packaging that the dimms came with) and try booting into windows. I'd strongly advise running the DIMMS in 1333MHZ first, when it boots into windows try getting them to 1666MHz, or so as the manual has stated. I dunno about 1600MHz though...
When it first boots the new ram is recognized and show as memory.
reread the first post and title. OP can't use his new DIMMS and gets a continuous windows loading loop.
I had that same issue. All my modules are memtested and fine. Its my BIOS that I needed to tweak to get it to post at near 2000Mhz specs.
though there are a few other questions, are you running 16GB now? what were you runnign before? where'd you get a hold of 1x4GB module? and how'd you manage a screenshot of your SPD's when you're having windows loading issues?
1. BCLK Frequency to 166
2. System memory multiplier spd to 10
Its now getting past the loading operating system message and give you the option to either start normally or perform a memory scan. If I select either option it loads a black screen and nothing happens (waited 10mins).
Ok here are some pictures, if you could please suggest any of the settings