Win 7 wont load after new RAM install

gizzyweb

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
I have purchased 16Gb of RAM and when I boot my PC windows is freezes after the message: Loading Operating System.
When it first boots the new ram is recognised and show as memory.

Could it be to do with:
1. The overclocking? When I check my bios its all set to auto.
2. Graphics card with the built ram?

Specification:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2
I purchased this as bundle: CCL Eclipse Cobra Motherboard Bundle - Intel Core i3-540 Overclocked to 4.0GHz
Cooler - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Quiet Cooler
Graphics - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550Ti AMP! Edition 1GB
RAM - Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C10 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit

This shows my current ram:
Untitled_1.jpg

I have been reading the other posts on here and have tried:
1. reset the bios by removing the watch style battery for 5mins, makes no difference apart from reset the system time.
2. This is actually my second set of ram, after sending the first back thinking it was faulty
3. tried to boot with just 1 - 4gb stick and this causes a constant loop of restart before it gets to the loading operating system.
4. When I put my old ram back in, everything works.
5. Contacting all of my local computer shops who know nothing about over clocking and refuse to help.

Lutfij

Titan
to answer your first questions:
The overclocking? When I check my bios its all set to auto.
if its all on AUTO then how is that considered an overclock
Graphics card with the built ram?
not related in any way.

here's what you do:

this ram
Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C10 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
where'd you buy it from? and what are the DIMM specs on those kit modules.

the constant reboot is due to the ram settings being off...go into bios and manually input the DIMM specs(found on the sticker/packaging that the dimms came with) and try booting into windows. I'd strongly advise running the DIMMS in 1333MHZ first, when it boots into windows try getting them to 1666MHz, or so as the manual has stated. I dunno about 1600MHz though...

jemm

Distinguished

The OP is already running it at 1333MHZ, as seen in the CPU Tweaker 2.0

The best thing to do is to get into the Bios, then set the Ram Kit to Extreme Memory Profile (XMP).

Lutfij

Titan
When it first boots the new ram is recognized and show as memory.
reread the first post and title. OP can't use his new DIMMS and gets a continuous windows loading loop.

I had that same issue. All my modules are memtested and fine. Its my BIOS that I needed to tweak to get it to post at near 2000Mhz specs.

though there are a few other questions, are you running 16GB now? what were you runnign before? where'd you get a hold of 1x4GB module? and how'd you manage a screenshot of your SPD's when you're having windows loading issues?

gizzyweb

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Thanks for the advice guys and good to know its nothing to do with my graphics card.

I was/am able to boot the PC when I switch back to my old ram so this is the reason for the screen shots.

The new ram was purchased from here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-121-KS&campaign=pcm/googleshopping&pup_c=gs

I will have a play with my bios settings. It looks like my old ram is running at a different MHz where as the new ram shows 1600MHz.

Here is what CPU-Z shows with the old ram:
Untitled_1.jpg

Going to have a play with the bios settings now and if I cant figure it out, I will take some pics on my phone

gizzyweb

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
After changing:
1. BCLK Frequency to 166
2. System memory multiplier spd to 10

Its now getting past the loading operating system message and give you the option to either start normally or perform a memory scan. If I select either option it loads a black screen and nothing happens (waited 10mins).

Ok here are some pictures, if you could please suggest any of the settings

Lutfij

Titan
why are you showing us a screenshot of your old rams?

set DRAM voltage to 1.6 and do not exceed 1.65
add some more volts a lil bit to the QPI voltage

manually set DRAM timmings to 10-10-10 if you're running at 1600MHz

drop your cpu multiplier, btw did it come overclocked at 4GHz?
bump the BCLK frequency up
bump memory multiplier up

dug this up too